Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 1-31-12 Edition

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 of 39 DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,438 posts

Posted February 01 2012 - 04:39 PM

Mike, I'm sorry you are having such a time of it and I hope they figure out what's going on soon and get you back to feeling well. As far as I know, Amazon doesn't take the Disney coupons.

#22 of 39 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,384 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 02 2012 - 01:46 AM

Feel better, Mike!
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#23 of 39 Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,604 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted February 02 2012 - 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Frezon 

Thanks, Jason (and everyone else for the well-wishes!).  But, you realize Jason, that I don't things could ever work out between us...because when you see Saturday night at 9...I see Sunday morning at Midnight.  I just don't see us as compatible.  Posted Image  You're probably a "glass half full" kind of guy, too! 

If that's the only reason, Mike, I think we can work it out.  But there are prolly...um...other...reasons too.  I'm sure your misses is kind of attached to you and I haven't been able to shake my mister for seven years.  Posted Image  (Not that we should want to get rid of either one of them, for the record...)

I just checked the Disney Movie Rewards site.  There is a Lady and the Tramp upgrade coupon listed: $8 off the 3 disc combo pack or $5 off the 2 disc combo pack.  I haven't tried to put the old UPC in and print the coupon, but it is there.  I haven't had a chance to figure out who has the best deal and all that jazz yet, though.

#24 of 39 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 15,995 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted February 02 2012 - 04:20 PM

Any coupons out there for the new edition of Dark of the Moon?

Can be had for $20 shipped here.... http://apps.facebook...?p=product&id=1

facebook.com/whotony

#25 of 39 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,384 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 03 2012 - 02:20 AM

Nice, thanks Tony! Anyone know if the $10 upgrade coupon was in the original DVD, or only in the Blu-Ray? It strikes me that I have a friend who got the DVD but doesn't have a BD player. . .
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#26 of 39 Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,273 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted February 03 2012 - 02:28 AM

I jumped on the Amazon deal a couple months back, which put the price at 17.99. I'm assuming most places will have the two-disc for 24.99, so even in best case scenario where the $8 coupon gets used on the two-disc, the price would be very close. Plus I don't have to deal with Toys R Us. :D

I just checked the Disney Movie Rewards site.  There is a Lady and the Tramp upgrade coupon listed: $8 off the 3 disc combo pack or $5 off the 2 disc combo pack.  I haven't tried to put the old UPC in and print the coupon, but it is there.  I haven't had a chance to figure out who has the best deal and all that jazz yet, though.

One thing leads to another at cameronyee.com

#27 of 39 EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,453 posts

Posted February 03 2012 - 02:30 AM

I just received (but have yet to watch) what is purported to be an excellent Queen documentary Days of Our Lives.  My brother has seen parts of it and loved it.  I pre-ordered the DVD at got it for $10.99, but it's jumped up to $14.99.  The BD is priced at $16.99.  CAVEAT EMPTOR:  The DVD runs 165 mins, but the BD version has extended footage and runs 221 mins.!  I have seen NOTHING as to why the difference in running times occurs, and from the reviews on Amazon the extra footage is not HD...

Here's the link:Amazon.com: Queen: Days Of Our Lives: Queen, Matt O'Casey: Movies & TV

Amazon.com: Queen: Days Of Our Lives [Blu-ray]: Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor, John Deacon, Matt O'Casey: Movies & TV

And Mike, GET BETTER SOON!!!!  Posted Image

#28 of 39 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,384 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 03 2012 - 02:50 AM

Awesome, I hadn't heard about that. The listing says it's from Eagle Rock Entertainment, which does the wonderful "Classic Albums" series of album docs (they did one on A Night at the Opera).

#29 of 39 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,384 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted February 03 2012 - 05:05 AM

FYI: Amazon has finally dropped the price of the new Transformers 3 set to $24.99.

#30 of 39 ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,816 posts

Posted February 03 2012 - 06:18 AM

Get well soon, Mike!

And thanks for this WRU, Adam!

Lots of excellent classic/catalog titles this week, but will probably wait for better prices on some of them.

RE: English Patient and some other recent Lionsgate BD releases of Miramax titles, Costco is apparently carrying them for $8.99 each.  My wife just picked up The Piano for that price (plus the 3 Hitchcock BDs for $9.99 each).  Since I'm a B&N member and their site currently has English Patient and Frida at $9.99 each, I'm just gonna use some 20%-off coupons (and my Discover Card 10% cashback) w/ B&N instead.  Might order Cold Mountain from Amazon at their current price of $7.99.  Already got Shakespeare In Love as a UK import some time back.

Also, my Amazon preorder of Adaptation arrived earlier this week.  Can't wait to watch this one for the first time... Posted Image

Cheers!

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#31 of 39 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 15,995 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted February 03 2012 - 10:27 AM

Hey Mike, does that news I saw somewhere else mean you are getting better?

facebook.com/whotony

#32 of 39 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,769 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted February 03 2012 - 11:35 AM

A quick update, Tony.

First...I'm home.  That's great news for me after being in the hospital since last Friday.

But, secondly, they still don't know what's wrong with me.  The results of the tests I took need to "percolate".  They've had 48 hours in their petri dishes or culture dishes to grow...but, so far, no results.  So, I have to begin a "best guess" regimen of a 4th different antibiotic in order to try and get rid of whatever kind of infection I've got in my lungs.

But...it's great to be home.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#33 of 39 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,769 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted February 03 2012 - 12:36 PM

I just pulled the trigger tonight with Amazon on The Magnificent Ambersons as it dropped, today, to $9.99!

The order also includes the 2-disc blu combo pack of Lady & the Tramp, the blu release of the Tarantino CSI episode from a few years ago (which also dropped today (from a $19.99 pre-order to $15.99) and...Wings!

Big order.  But I've been sick and deserve the treat!  Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#34 of 39 Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,039 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted February 03 2012 - 04:04 PM

Still trying to more specifically diagnose my pneumonia/bronchitis problem which I've had since the end of December and they are finding some strange things indeed.

Sounds like you're right where you should be, then. Sometimes these things happen for a reason/ A few years back my dad got really winded and sick feeling after walking up a big hill. The office he was going to called an ambulance as a precaution, and he ended up getting emergency heart surgery that saved his life. I'm grateful every day that that office was "over"cautious. While trying to get a good night's sleep in any hospital sucks and the food's generally terrible, now that you're under the watchful eye of medical professionals, they can figure out what's wrong so you don't have to keep living with it. Get well soon! Thanks for checking in and keeping us all updated. Thanks for covering in the meantime, Adam! Looks like only To Kill a Mockingbird for me this week.

#35 of 39 DavidJ

DavidJ

Screenwriter

• 2,438 posts

Posted February 03 2012 - 04:27 PM

Is the only difference between the 3-disc and 2-disc Lady and the Tramp the addition of the digital copy?

#36 of 39 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 10,649 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted February 04 2012 - 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by DavidJ 

Is the only difference between the 3-disc and 2-disc Lady and the Tramp the addition of the digital copy?

I believe so. Disney only sent the 2-disc for review.

#37 of 39 Frank Ha

Frank Ha

Second Unit

• 347 posts
  • LocationLand of mole, tlayudas and chapulines

Posted February 04 2012 - 01:39 AM

Mike, I'm glad you're home and I hope the doctors figure out soon what's wrong. Get well soon. I'm praying for you.
"And in the end, the only thing you really own is... your story.  Just trying to live a good one" - The Drover 

#38 of 39 Ashly Yeo

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator

• 51 posts

Posted February 04 2012 - 03:29 PM

Good to hear you are back home Mike. Get better soon and your fill-in is doing a kick-ass job :)

#39 of 39 Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 28,769 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted February 04 2012 - 03:44 PM

Yeah...I think that Adam is angling for my gig!  Posted Image  He needs something else to do around here!  Posted Image

I can't thank everyone enough for all the prayers and well wishes this week.  They have buoyed my spirits...for sure. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users