Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Audio issue with Bose CineMate and Philips HDTV

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   jd60625

jd60625

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 27 2012 - 11:04 AM

Hi folks, I'm a rookie here, so forgive the dummy mistake, but.... I have a Phillips HDTV and a Bose CineMate II. I do not know the model number for the TV, but it is a 1080p model that I bought from Target 2 yrs ago. Trouble is, the TV has no audio-out jack except for the headphone jack. So, I run the Bose through the headphone jack and it works ok (meaning, I can hear the TV, even if the quality is nothing special.) I have used this setup for a while now, but I am considering upgrading the TV to something newer and a main driver of doing this would be to get better sound. So, two questions- the first of which is the most important: 1. If I had a TV with an optical audio port (which I can use with the Bose system), would I recognize an improved sound quality from the headphone jack? 2. Any suggestions on TVs? I want a 47-50", 1080p, great image and sound. I don't need too many fancy features. Thanks in advance.