Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Audio issue with Bose CineMate and Philips HDTV

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 jd60625

jd60625

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 27 2012 - 11:04 AM

Hi folks, I'm a rookie here, so forgive the dummy mistake, but.... I have a Phillips HDTV and a Bose CineMate II. I do not know the model number for the TV, but it is a 1080p model that I bought from Target 2 yrs ago. Trouble is, the TV has no audio-out jack except for the headphone jack. So, I run the Bose through the headphone jack and it works ok (meaning, I can hear the TV, even if the quality is nothing special.) I have used this setup for a while now, but I am considering upgrading the TV to something newer and a main driver of doing this would be to get better sound. So, two questions- the first of which is the most important: 1. If I had a TV with an optical audio port (which I can use with the Bose system), would I recognize an improved sound quality from the headphone jack? 2. Any suggestions on TVs? I want a 47-50", 1080p, great image and sound. I don't need too many fancy features. Thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users