Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Help with my theater

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Jon Bye

Jon Bye

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted January 27 2012 - 08:48 AM

My current set up. Paradigm Esprit fronts, cc270 center and ADP170 surrounds. Sony 60A3000. Klipsch subwoofer and Onkyo 605 receiver. I recently had to rearrange my theater, which puts my main seating couch against the rear wall.(approx 9ft from tv) I now have no side walls for the surrounds so they are mounted on the back wall to the left and right of the couch. Questions: # 1 Will the adp170s be ok on the back wall? I am considering an up grade to a new receiver(Denon or Onkyo with Audyssey XT ) or new Speakers. #2 Would it be better to get the receiver or speakers? If speakers what brand do you suggest Thanks

#2 of 2 Jon Bye

Jon Bye

Stunt Coordinator

• 60 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted January 28 2012 - 06:20 AM

Thanks for the input. I am aware of the A3000 issues, I have yet to experience any problems, the picture stll looks as good as new. I will definitely be getting a plasma when replacement is required. So are you saying that my speakers are good enough and I should upgrade the receiver? I am looking at the best bang per $. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users