What's new

Oscar winning Shakespeare In Love Blu-ray coming on 1/31 (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
This snuck in under the radar, but Shakespeare in Love is coming to Blu-ray on 1/31. Its currently available for pre-order at Amazon for under $10.

SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE SYNOPSIS

Hailed as “pure enchantment,” (New York Times), Shakespeare in Love garnered seven Academy Awards® in 1998, including Best Picture, Best Actress in a Leading Role for Gwyneth Paltrow and Best Supporting Actress for Judi Dench. Co-starring Joseph Fiennes, Geoffrey Rush, Colin Firth and Ben Affleck, the film captivated audiences with its intoxicating love story, endless wit and all-star cast. For the first time on Blu-ray Disc, the release will also include audio commentaries, a “making of” featurette, a look at the Oscar® winning costumes, deleted scenes and more.

Out of ideas and cash, a young Will Shakespeare (Fiennes), is in search of a muse to break his creative drought. After meeting the lovely Lady Viola (Paltrow), the two find themselves entangled in a secret romance that rejuvenates Will’s creativity. His pen flows like never before until he uncovers two unexpected truths about his new lover – she’s promised to marry someone else and she’s successfully impersonating a man to play the lead in Will’s latest play.

BLU-RAY DISC SPECIAL FEATURES

• “Shakespeare in Love and On Film” – “making of” featurette
  • Academy Award® winning costumes featurette
  • Audio commentary with John Madden
  • Audio commentary with cast and crew
  • Deleted scenes
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Television spots

Here is the trailer and some clips:

Trailer:

Shakespeare in Love - Film Clip: "The Dance":

Shakespeare in Love - Film Clip: "The Kiss"

Shakespeare in Love - Film Clip: "Ned's Return to Rose Playhouse:

Has anyone noticed a purple tinge to the left side of the frame? Everytime an object pans into that area, it turns purple. Was this how it always looked? Maybe my settings are wrong.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by eric scott richard

Has anyone noticed a purple tinge to the left side of the frame? Everytime an object pans into that area, it turns purple. Was this how it always looked? Maybe my settings are wrong.

I have it on the schedule to review tomorrow. I'll keep an eye out for this when I watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks