Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Ferris Bueller 2?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 of 13 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,690 posts

Posted January 26 2012 - 03:00 PM

[ I just saw this on Youtube, and did a little detective work. Turns out this may be happening.

housekeeping 2.jpg

"She always does that, she just wanders away"

#2 of 13 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,869 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted January 26 2012 - 04:49 PM

I think it's just a teaser for a Super Bowl ad, but I could be wrong. I don't think a movie should be done now that Hughes is gone.

#3 of 13 ONLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,305 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted January 27 2012 - 07:45 AM

Plus, it'd be kind of depressing. The "American Pie" movies have done a good job progressing the characters in each movie, but a lot of sequels to teenage comedies seem to have grown ass people behaving like teenagers, more or less the same people they were in high school.

#4 of 13 OFFLINE   foxydude71

foxydude71

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 27 2012 - 08:38 AM

Absolutely! I think the production of a newer version of the 80's classic if done right and was just as funny and terrific as the first one, then yeah Bring it on! Please! My imagination is going wild with all of the possibilities of the events that could take place in the new 2012 flick. lol

#5 of 13 OFFLINE   Zack Gibbs

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter

• 1,687 posts

Posted January 27 2012 - 11:14 AM

It's just a Honda commercial.
"Because he's the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a DARK KNIGHT."

#6 of 13 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,690 posts

Posted January 27 2012 - 01:07 PM

It's just a Honda commercial.

It figures. The more I think about it the more I wouldn't want a sequel anyway. FBDO is a classic, and should be left alone.

housekeeping 2.jpg

#7 of 13 ONLINE   Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,742 posts

Posted January 30 2012 - 02:43 AM

Here is the full commercial. It's good - had a smile on my face the whole way through. If you don't own the Blu-ray of the original, take this moment to purchase immediately!

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#8 of 13 OFFLINE   Bryan^H

Bryan^H

Screenwriter

• 2,690 posts

Posted January 30 2012 - 06:01 AM

Thanks Neil. An instant classic commercial. I love it!!

housekeeping 2.jpg

#9 of 13 ONLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

Lead Actor

• 7,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted January 30 2012 - 06:12 AM

Pretty great commercial.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#10 of 13 OFFLINE   Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate

Screenwriter

• 2,935 posts

Posted January 30 2012 - 08:50 AM

Love it!!!!:D
Listen Up People.., Rack Em and Pack Em.., We're Phantoms in 15.

#11 of 13 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,193 posts

Posted February 10 2012 - 06:14 PM

Looks pretty good throughout most of it. Must have had loads of makeup. Photos of him our of makeup are pretty frightening, he's defiintly not aging gracefully.
Stan

#12 of 13 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted February 10 2012 - 07:18 PM

Looks pretty good throughout most of it. Must have had loads of makeup. Photos of him our of makeup are pretty frightening, he's defiintly not aging gracefully.

Looks like digital makeup from the bottom of his eyes to, well, his chin. Even a person in their 20s has bags and lines, but there's nothing but porcelin-like smoothness there. That's ok. The point was to evoke the past.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#13 of 13 OFFLINE   Kevin M

Kevin M

Producer

• 5,172 posts

Posted February 19 2012 - 12:24 AM

....I was surprised to see even one positive vote on a sequel before the fact of it being a commercial was brought up. Without John Hughes what would be the point? Hell, even if Hughes were still alive I would still be dubious...going "back home" (in films or in life) quite often isn't possible or is just a very Bad idea. IMO it would have been horrible and sad, Hughes would never have done it, I'm sure of that.
-Kevin M.

There's a human tendency to resent anyone who disagrees with our pleasures.  The less mature interpret that as a personal attack on themselves.
- Roger Ebert