What's new

hooking my iMac up to my Pioneer elite VSX 30 (1 Viewer)

Real Name
michael shephard
Hi. I have a question about hooking up my iMac to my home theater system. this is the pioneer elite VSX 30 7.1 surround sound receiver. I have it attached to a home theater projector. I want to attach my iMac to it in this way... mini display port on iMac to Mini display/hdmi adapter hdmi to receiver (video only) 3.5mm headphone jack on iMac to 3.5mm/rca cable rca plugged into vsx 30 My question, when I select the hdmi input to show the computer display, will I be able to select a different audio source (the rca cables) ? since the hdmi is delivering video only, I want to know if I will be able to achieve sound through the speakers attached to my vsx 30 Thanks a million

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
Why wouldn't you deliver audio over HDMI too that is how I hook my Macbook Pro to my TV. Although I do have the 2011 Macbook does your iMac not let you do audio over HDMI?

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
I would assume you can set it up in your setup menu on the receiver. I'm not totally familiar with that model but I think if you go into the input menu choose what input you want to use then configure the audio and video inputs.

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
Page 44 of the user manual should help you get there. IT may require a little experimentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks