-

Photo
- - - - -

Are there any televisions with built-in DLNA (that actually works)?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 flaminio

flaminio

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted January 23 2012 - 11:39 AM

I'm looking to buy a new HDTV in the next few weeks, and I would like to have one that can stream content from a NAS via DLNA. I have not yet purchased the NAS either, but am leaning heavily towards Synology for this. Actually, it doesn't *have* to be DLNA -- any tech that accomplishes the goal of displaying content over the network without any additional devices would be welcome. My current "solution" is to have a DLNA server running on my computer (PS3 Media Server), and having a WDTV pick up the content from there and display on the screen. This works OK, but involves twice as many devices as I think it should. Any recommendations?

#2 of 4 flaminio

flaminio

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted January 30 2012 - 09:53 AM

None, I guess. That's what my research is showing, too :(

#3 of 4 dmiller68

dmiller68

Supporting Actor

• 667 posts

Posted January 30 2012 - 10:26 AM

Per: http://www.engadget....mas-for-2012-e/

The 2012 Panasonic Plasmas are suppose to support it.

Equipment: Panasonic TC-P65VT25, Panasonic DMP-BDT100, Pioneer Elite SC-37, TiVo Premiere XL, Limited Edition MW3 XBOX 360s with Kinect, Apple TV
Speakers: Definitive Technology Mythos XTR60 (3), Definitive Technology Mythos XTR20BP (4), Definitive Technology SuperCube II

#4 of 4 flaminio

flaminio

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted February 10 2012 - 12:34 PM

Closing out the thread, I ended up buying a Samsung UN55D7000. The "AllShare" that's built into the Smart Hub does DLNA just fine, albeit not very prettily. But it plays all my content just fine, and that's the most important thing.