Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Mixing equipment brand names...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   michael5155

michael5155

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 22 2012 - 11:29 AM

Hi, I'm somewhat new to the home theatre world. I was wondering if it is best to buy all the equipment (receiver or amp/preamp, blu-ray player) from the same company or is it better to buy from different companies. For example, I've heard Denon makes an excellent receiver and sony makes an excellent blu-ray player. From a sound and video quality perspective, is there an advantage to buying seperate companies? From a functional perspective, is buying from the same company a better idea? Also, is there a link that compares/reviews receiver brands (not sure if I should get Denon or Pioneer)? I could also spend a bit more to get a seperate amp and preamp, but does it sound and/or look any better? Thanks! Michael

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted January 24 2012 - 01:48 PM

I don't think I have 2 pieces of equipment that have the same name on them. Amps and pre-amps will only benefit you if you are going pretty expensive on the speakers. What are you planning on using?