What's new

What is the right home theater receiver for me? plz help!! (1 Viewer)

tehzohan44

Auditioning
Real Name
cary
im looking at buying Pioneer Elite VSX-90TXV for $220 from a friend, i have 2 dx7 cerwin vegas, 255watt max and 4ohms, i have 2 Panasonic sb-ch150 speakers, 60w, music; 30w, din and 4 ohms, i also have 2 sony ss-h700 speakers, 6ohms: 50w, will these speakers be fine with that receiver? should i look for different speakers? edit: ohh, and i need a sub preferably on the cheap, what do you guys recommend

tehzohan44

Auditioning
Real Name
cary
decent haha this is my first go at a home theater, im new at this so uhh one that sounds good? not sure honestly

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Let's start with the process of elimination. Here's a great sub http://www.svsound.com/view-all?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=12 It sounds awesome. Is it more than you wanted to spend? Is it too large?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Less than 1/2 the price - http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/ported-box/pb12-nsd?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=14&category_id=7 Check out all of the offerings from SVS, Elemental Designs, Epik Subwoofers, Rythmik Audio and Hsu Research. If those are all too expensive, we go to BIC, Dayton Audio and Lava Subwoofers.

Mike Thomass

Stunt Coordinator
tehzohan this will be much much easier if you just tell robert how much you want to spend on the sub

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks