Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

building home theater room

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 quefol

quefol

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 19 2012 - 09:26 PM

hello im new here i hope i came to the right place im in the planning stage of building a home theater room in my basement and have a lot of questions but im just going to start off with a few for now first im going to have all my equipment on a 9 or 12u 19" rack mounted flush to the wall what would be a good rack to use is there any sugestions on a av recever that would mount to it im also planing to build a htpc what would be a good case and what about my satilite recever is there any way to mount it to the rack i hope someone can help me

#2 of 2 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,046 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted January 19 2012 - 10:56 PM

Use a rack that is in your budget, has the features you need and holds all of your equipment. Asking an open ended question like that is like going to a car forum and saying "I need a new mode of transportation. What do you guys recommend?" Too many unanswered questions. Receiver - Get one with the features and connectivity you need. It should be able to drive the impedance of your speakers without overheating and shutting down. Make sure it has an automatic calibration system. I'm partial to Pioneer. Others like different manufacturers. We have a section dedicated to receivers. HTPC - I think we have a section for that as well. Never been in it. Satellite receiver - Yes, you can mount the receiver in the rack as well. I've seen pictures in magazines of it.. I think they used rack mounted shelves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users