What's new

REVIEW: The Audio Insider (1 Viewer)

John Matthews

Auditioning
Real Name
John Matthews
Wow,
Sorry to hear that. I almost feel bad complaining after the headache you've put up with (but I will anyway for the sake of anyone who happens to find this on Google).
I placed an order for a pair of Swans on a Wednesday, specifically paying for rush, 2-day delivery. Like seemingly 75% of people, I work weekdays and am off weekends... so in the "Instructions/Special Requests" field for shipping, I specifically noted "please waive signature requirement" (the default on FedEx 2-Day). So, I'm set I think. The speakers will either come Friday, and will either be left for me for when I get home, or they'll arrive Saturday since I paid for 2-day shipping.
The order goes out on Thursday. I'm sent the shipping info from Audio Insider which not only has "signature confirmation" marked, it says "Deliver Weekday" (note, again, FedEx 2-Day defaults to delivering on Saturday unless you tell them otherwise). So now, despite me having paid extra for 2-Day, it's set to arrive 4 days later... because the Audio Insider specifically overruled Saturday delivery (when I'm home).
It's like they don't even want me to have my speakers. Can't have them delivered Saturday when I'm home, can't have them left at my house when I am. So I emailed Jon, who ostensibly said "yeah I see your point, but it's out of my hands. Check with FedEx." Excuse me? I paid for 2-Day and you overruled it.
I'm just at a lost for words here about customer service.

John Matthews

Auditioning
Real Name
John Matthews
Oh, and by the way Michael, Jon is full of it. You know how I know? He wrote this to you:
"Let me explain our position on address changes, please, and then you can advise how you see the delivery. First, as fraud-prevention, we have a policy that prevents running address changes. A customer could theoretically use an authorized credit card to clear the authorization service web sellers use and then switch addresses. I waived this for your order but it is actually our usual policy."
... Which is pretty funny, because he wrote me an email offering to change my shipping address (right, as though that would help the fact that he overruled Saturday delivery even though that's what I paid for, and didn't follow my other delivery instructions). Here's a screenshot of the email. Note the second paragraph where he says "If we can help in some way, perhaps to reroute the delivery to a more convenient address, please let us know."
Also note how there's no mention of any means for rectifying the fact that I paid for 2-Day and they said "nah, we'll actually let you have your speakers in 5 days, and we're going to make it especially hard for you to get them. " Yes Jon, because that's what customers want to do. Pay for fast service, receive slow service, and then drive through LA traffic to go to FedEx several days after they'd been expecting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks