Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Two HDMI TVs in Same Room Setup - Help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   rileyanderson

rileyanderson

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 18 2012 - 04:03 AM

Hello, I am in desperate need of help - I am trying to connect and efficiently operate (watch both TVs and be able to easily switch 5.1 audio) between the two HDTVs / DirecTV receivers in the same room. I also want to be able to swich channels on the two TVs/DTV receivers independently of each other. This is my current equipment : - Two Panasonic 50" TC-P50S30 Plasmas (2 HDMI - 1 Opt) - Two Direct TV Receivers (1 HDMI / 1 Opt) - Yamaha Audio Receiver (4/1 HDMI / One Opt) - 1 LG BD670 Blu-Ray (only need to view on one TV) Thanks for any assistance/diagrams out there, Don

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,179 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted January 18 2012 - 05:15 AM

I also want to be able to swich channels on the two TVs/DTV receivers independently of each other.

Are you using the internal tuner on either of the TV's or are they just being used as monitors? If they are being used as monitors, it's easy.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   rileyanderson

rileyanderson

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 18 2012 - 05:38 AM

The TV's will be acting as monitors

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,179 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted January 18 2012 - 06:47 AM

http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2 I'm using a slightly older model to route signals from 3 DirecTV HD DVRs and a Blu-ray player between 2 TVs. Monoprice has other switches as well. Each TV connects to each output of the switch. Each DirecTV receiver connects to the switch. Each DirecTV receiver connects to the receiver via digital audio (so you can get full surround sound like you require) The Blu-ray connects to the receiver via HDMI so you can decode the newer HD audio formats. The receiver connects to the switch via HDMI so you can choose which monitor the Blu-ray appears on. Monoprice has great prices on HDMI cables and you will need a few. You will have a difficult time controlling everything with all the different remotes. It will be complicated to set up but a Harmony will simplify everything.