What's new

Two HDMI TVs in Same Room Setup - Help (1 Viewer)

rileyanderson

Auditioning
Real Name
Don Anderosn
Hello, I am in desperate need of help - I am trying to connect and efficiently operate (watch both TVs and be able to easily switch 5.1 audio) between the two HDTVs / DirecTV receivers in the same room. I also want to be able to swich channels on the two TVs/DTV receivers independently of each other. This is my current equipment : - Two Panasonic 50" TC-P50S30 Plasmas (2 HDMI - 1 Opt) - Two Direct TV Receivers (1 HDMI / 1 Opt) - Yamaha Audio Receiver (4/1 HDMI / One Opt) - 1 LG BD670 Blu-Ray (only need to view on one TV) Thanks for any assistance/diagrams out there, Don

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I also want to be able to swich channels on the two TVs/DTV receivers independently of each other.
Are you using the internal tuner on either of the TV's or are they just being used as monitors? If they are being used as monitors, it's easy.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5312&seq=1&format=2 I'm using a slightly older model to route signals from 3 DirecTV HD DVRs and a Blu-ray player between 2 TVs. Monoprice has other switches as well. Each TV connects to each output of the switch. Each DirecTV receiver connects to the switch. Each DirecTV receiver connects to the receiver via digital audio (so you can get full surround sound like you require) The Blu-ray connects to the receiver via HDMI so you can decode the newer HD audio formats. The receiver connects to the switch via HDMI so you can choose which monitor the Blu-ray appears on. Monoprice has great prices on HDMI cables and you will need a few. You will have a difficult time controlling everything with all the different remotes. It will be complicated to set up but a Harmony will simplify everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks