What's new

American Idol - Season 11 (1 Viewer)

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Aaron Silverman said:
Tina, if you go to Amazon (use an HTF link, of course!) and search for "Rollin' Home" there's a CD of the Attila album that you can get for around $5.
That I have done, Aaron. I will be ordering this one this weekend!!!! Thanks!!!! :)

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
Yeah she did alright and was fun. I really, really don't get the guy that went first. He is incredibly boring as was that song and performance.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
The real star of the night was Hanson: his blog entry for the episode is one of his best, in my opinion!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Albert_M said:
Yeah she did alright and was fun. I really, really don't get the guy that went first. He is incredibly boring as was that song and performance.
Colton sounded really thin on that song, irritatingly so.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Originally Posted by Albert_M /t/317806/american-idol-season-11/90#post_3911535
Fully agree. At times I can see why some might like Colton, but this was not one of them.

As an aside, does anyone else think that mature Stevie Nicks looks a bit like mature Carrie Fisher, whereas young Stevie didn't look much like young Carrie? (Or maybe she might if she had doughnuts for hair...) Another SAB for ya, Hanson...

NolanJ

Second Unit
I think there have been entire seasons go by where there wasn't one standing ovation (does anyone know to confirm this?)
I watch this season and the standing O's mean absolutely nothing - they hand them out like toothbrushes at a dentist office.
Deandre's voice grates on my ears - I hope he goes. Skylar is a little hard to take for me also.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Yee-Ming said:
Fully agree.  At times I can see why some might like Colton, but this was not one of them.
As an aside, does anyone else think that mature Stevie Nicks looks a bit like mature Carrie Fisher, whereas young Stevie didn't look much like young Carrie?  (Or maybe she might if she had doughnuts for hair...) Another SAB for ya, Hanson...
I totally disagree about Colton, I get what he is doing and enjoy it. While I don't think he will go too far this season, his genre, which he has stated is Christian Rock, I can see being a market for after AI. He is really a spiritual and very Christian person in his interview he did and sees Idol as a chance to spread the message and get his name out there to be a group like Lifehouse and other Christian bands.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Aaron Silverman said:
Good grief, Elise -- where the heck has THAT been all season?!?!?! :jawdrop:
Yee-Ming, I can see that.
Elise really did a great job with that Led Zepplin song for sure. That's why I had her from the start higher on my list, I saw her as a Joplin/Stevie Nicks type of singer with that female gravel voice. If she sticks with songs like that and really rocks out some more, it will be interesting for sure. Next week is the '80s music so she should have a lot of material there too that would work for her vocals.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
After reading about all the praise the contestants got on the performance show, I watched the first episode of this season on Thursday night. (I was a pretty faithful fan up until season 10.) No one really grabbed me as being "I want to see that one win" performers...

Deondre made the hair on the back of my neck bristle with that falsetto performance...
What the hell: I expected Nicki Minaj to lip synch, but Scotty?
Not sure I understand what all the standing ovations were for.

Not sure if I'll be back at all this season.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman /t/317806/american-idol-season-11/90#post_3911617
Good grief, Elise -- where the heck has THAT been all season?!?!?!
Simple: the kind of songs where she could pull that off were not available to her previously. Billy Joel? Whitney Houston?? And her year of birth possibly wasn't long ago enough. But allow her to pick a song by her own idol, that gave her free rein (subject of course to music clearances) and she delivered in spades.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
cc4c2a5e_philliptmz.jpeg

‘American Idol’ to Drop Another Singer Over Arrest Record

The producers of “American Idol” moved to disqualify one of that singing competition’s favorites, Phillip Phillps, after discovering that he had not disclosed an arrest record for drug and gun charges.

The Smoking Gun posted documents that showed he had been charged with crimes in Florida including possession of marijuana and carrying a concealed weapon.

Fox declined to comment on this developing story.

More details at TMZ

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
That looks like an April fools photo shop joke to me.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Hanson, that was pretty funny! Your blog too is as funny as ever....though I'm still not quite clear on how you feel about Colton.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Yee-Ming said:
Simple: the kind of songs where she could pull that off were not available to her previously.  Billy Joel?  Whitney Houston??  And her year of birth possibly wasn't long ago enough.  But allow her to pick a song by her own idol, that gave her free rein (subject of course to music clearances) and she delivered in spades.
Hm, good point.
I would like to thank Hanson for not Rickrolling us like so many other April Fools links have done. :)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I'm glad I was sitting on my bed, because when Elise announced that she wanted to sing Hallelujah, I fell down. Thank god they talked her out of that, but oh boy was she all over the place with I Want to Know What Love Is. Oy vey.
Incidentally, I realized who the chin reminds me of:
a70f455a_Paul-Stanley.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks