Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

American Idol - Season 11

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#241 of 247 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,365 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 24 2012 - 06:19 AM

I didn't see much of the show. I saw J-Lo's performance, which sounded like a robot (in Hammer Pants) singing a song written by a computer. Then later I saw Aerosmith, who sounded really dry (meaning unprocessed and imperfect) and like MUSIC. It's a shame that she got to perform so much this season and Aerosmith only went on once. Hanson, does Dialidol have anything to say about the vote margin? I agree that they would've leaked such a close call, but maybe they didn't know it until afterward. Then again, doesn't Ryan usually mention when the results were close?
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#242 of 247 Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,386 posts

Posted May 24 2012 - 07:17 AM

DialIdol had a 11% difference between the contestants' DialIdol "scores". The difference was within their margin of error, so it was a statistical dead heat. However, DialIdol does not account for texting -- Kris and Adam were even closer on DialIdol, but Kris destroyed him in text votes. And, oh yeah -- it's not in any way reliable.

#243 of 247 Carl Miller

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

• 1,461 posts

Posted May 24 2012 - 10:39 AM

I liked seeing Phillip perform with Fogerty. Phillip seemed to genuinely enjoy it which is what you'd hope for a musician. I though Aerosmith was good as well. The Johsua/Fantasia performance was an absolute trainwreck. Did anyone here like that?

Carl

#244 of 247 Tina_H_V

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor

• 512 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted May 26 2012 - 01:54 PM

Actually, I did, Carl. I like that particular Elton John song. :)
The Acid Queen Still Rocks and Souls!!!! ;D

#245 of 247 Carl Miller

Carl Miller

Screenwriter

• 1,461 posts

Posted May 26 2012 - 02:55 PM

I like the song too, but I thought all the screaming was just hideous. About halfway into the screaming fest, my wife looked at me and asked what song they were doing because she didn't recognize it anymore.

Carl

#246 of 247 EricSchulz

EricSchulz

Producer

• 4,448 posts

Posted May 26 2012 - 11:40 PM

Interesting story on what the runners-up receive:

'Idol' to pay runners-up less – USATODAY.com

An interesting comparison of who wind, and REALLY won, each season:

American Idol | 'American Idol': Who REALLY Won Each Season? | Photo 1 of 20 | EW.com

#247 of 247 Jeffery_H

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

• 724 posts

Posted May 27 2012 - 10:50 AM

I liked seeing Phillip perform with Fogerty. Phillip seemed to genuinely enjoy it which is what you'd hope for a musician. I though Aerosmith was good as well. The Johsua/Fantasia performance was an absolute trainwreck. Did anyone here like that?

I REALLY did and thought it was a nice duet. Joshua and Gospel music like that I really enjoy and thought he would win. But as a reporter on our local Fox pointed out, many times the votes for those that win don't translate to the general American society. Others that did not win have gone on to sell more records or do better overall than those that have won.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users