What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Super 8 -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
One might call J.J. Abrams' Super 8 a "sweet little film," about the travails of a group of young teens, and the mysterious goings on in their mid-america town.

Except that the film is huge, with a reported fifty million dollar budget, and a cast of thousands, beautifully led by 13 year old Elle Fanning.

With obvious connections toward E.T., here's a 111 minute film that's non-stop and packed with excitement, as would befit a summer crowd pleaser.

Having been derived from a DI, the resultant Blu-ray should be perfect, and this one is, with gorgeous images, and a soundtrack that will clean the lint from speakers, and potentially be a lease-breaker for those who share walls with others.

Super 8, with a wonderful young cast, is great fun. I viewed it last evening (finally) with a friend who has occasional SoD problems, and even he got into it.

Just a wonderful Blu-ray.

Recommended.

RAH

dmiller68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David Miller
I agree one hundred percent. I enjoyed the this movie very much. Great acting and casting.

I liked the film a lot too, but the overuse of lens flare (like the Star Trek movie) really bugs me. It seems pointless and distracting.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Originally Posted by John Hermes

I liked the film a lot too, but the overuse of lens flare (like the Star Trek movie) really bugs me. It seems pointless and distracting.

Seconded.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I felt like I was watching my old gang. I was the exact age of the main character in the year the film is set and my home town, while not identical, shared a lot of characteristics with the one in the film. Will definitely be in my collection.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I mostly enjoyed the movie (The third act was pretty sloppy) although it felt very much like a Steven Spielberg-produced homage to...Steven Spielberg. :rolleyes:

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
The film reminded me of my childhood, when I made films with my buddies during summer break. A great trip down memory lane!!

daleh

Auditioning
Real Name
Dale Halvorson
I actually waited to see this in the dollar theater like most of the movies that I watched in the '80s. This and Lincoln Lawyer. The lens flares are a lot less distracting in that environment... I'm glad that I saw it in that environment before seeing the blu ray. The blu ray is beautiful, too beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks