What's new

COLUMBIA FILM NOIR CLASSICS 3 (1 Viewer)

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
ahollis said:
Of course if the packaging is the same one Columbia uses with locking the discs in place over each other, then there is something wrong with it.:)
Guys, can anyone comment on the packaging style for this set? Are the discs held in place by thick tabs on the sides requiring one to depress the top disc downwards, vertically, to release it?
The Columbia Bogart set was like this, and it sounds like the new Columbia Pre-Code set is as well. TCM simply describes these as a "custom case."
Much thanks.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
My Columbia Noir sets are 2 discs to a "page", in that conventional overlapping method that requires taking the top disc off to get the bottom one out or put it back in without risk. (If those are the sets you're asking about.)

Traveling Matt

Supporting Actor
The Columbia Bogart set is like that except, rather than a center hub, the top disc is held down in part by two small (and thick) thumbnail-type tabs. So it's tough to get the disc out, and makes for a nice headache if you receive a set with scratched discs due to the difficulty in assembly.
I'm curious if this Noir Volume 3 is like that, or if it has the conventional hubs at the center.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Traveling Matt said:
The Columbia Bogart set is like that except, rather than a center hub, the top disc is held down in part by two small (and thick) thumbnail-type tabs. So it's tough to get the disc out, and makes for a nice headache if you receive a set with scratched discs due to the difficulty in assembly.
I'm curious if this Noir Volume 3 is like that, or if it has the conventional hubs at the center.
Mine has hubs, but in the case of the two-per-page sections, they're only partial hubs. I've already had a disc come loose and slide out when I pulled the book from the slip cover, so be careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks