Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Testing speakers with THX BluRays or anything similar

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   raehza

raehza

Stunt Coordinator

• 109 posts

Posted January 17 2012 - 04:57 PM

Are there Blu Rays out there that have different THX sounds on them just for testing purposes? Or any Blu Ray that has different sound bits and songs/videos or anything that allows the viewer to test/hear their speakers at its full capacity? I have a few Blu Ray movies but no Music. Only Music I have is from Internet Radio and I don't think that it does my speaker justice. Any help is greatly appreciated! Ray

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Frank A

Frank A

Stunt Coordinator

• 125 posts

Posted January 20 2012 - 01:54 PM

Ray, AIX Records has 3 or 4 (possibly more, but I am not sure, don't think so) blue ray disks on their web site that are "samplers" of their music. AIX Records is a small company dedicated to delivering high resolution music, surround sound, mostly dvd-a music, although he (Mark Waldrep) is experimenting with blue ray and even 3D some. He does not have a large selection and they are not inexpensive (imo). I do have his blue ray, "AUDIO CALIBRATION DISC, HD MUSIC SAMPLER" blue ray disk. I don't know if this is exactly what you are looking for/asking about or not, but you can look at his web site for more info to see if you might be interested in the disk. Frank

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   raehza

raehza

Stunt Coordinator

• 109 posts

Posted January 20 2012 - 04:24 PM

That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you. And they, the BluRays are quiet expensive. Ray