What's new

Justified - Season 3 (FX) (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Too right. Does Yost have access to my "Character Actors I Love" file? I'm not sure, but I think that's the first time I've seen anyone beaten to death with a sword-scabbard. Impressive.
(In Arkin's case, all they had to do was walk over to the director's chair during a previous episode and say, "Hey, guy...you act some too, right?")
Loved the resignation in Raylan's voice at the beginning when he said, "Oh boy...there's gonna be a next time."
And I would kill to see what Younger Art looked like in New York back in the '80s. The interplay between Raylan and Art is so good and so effortless that I was giddy as soon as I realized they'd be lined up together for the whole episode. I'm gonna be pissed if/when they eventually kill off Art. He does such a great job of adding humanity to the show.
I just hope that as this season progresses, Jeremy Davies' hair will gets its own acting-credit. Goggins' hair was in the running for awhile last season, but the insane-hair-baton has now been passed. That Lisbeth Salander mohawk-mullet is downright fucking epic.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by joshEH /t/317763/justified-season-3-fx/60#post_3911536
That Lisbeth Salander mohawk-mullet is downright fucking epic.
Is that what that is? I assumed he just got "razored" in prison.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Just caught up on the show, and seeing Michael Ironside and his calm voice, I was half-expecting him to shoot omega beams from his eyes.

Originally Posted by joshEH /t/317763/justified-season-3-fx/30#post_3909156
Holy shit, McDonough. This episode was one long Emmy submission-reel.
Agreed. Even though Quarles is a dirtbag to the nth degree, he has been awesome to watch.

I do wonder about Duffy, and whether it will be Wynn or Lose after this season.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I wonder which characters won't be back after tonight. I think somebody close to Raylen is going to bite the dust. I think it's either is father or the mother of his unborn child. The bad guys surviving will be Boyd and all others are suspect.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Walter C said:
Just caught up on the show, and seeing Michael Ironside and his calm voice, I was half-expecting him to shoot omega beams from his eyes. :)
Agreed. Even though Quarles is a dirtbag to the nth degree, he has been awesome to watch.
I do wonder about Duffy, and whether it will be Wynn or Lose after this season.
Duffy is too good to lose, as is Dickie.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Pretty good finale, although I can't help but think something was missing...but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Good potential for next season with Limehouse and Boyd.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
ScottH said:
Pretty good finale, although I can't help but think something was missing...but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Good potential for next season with Limehouse and Boyd.
Agreed, it didn't seem to have the same "finality" to it as the Mags story-arc did.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
A good finale, which seemed to have the theme about fathers and the relationships with their kids, which I found interesting. Starting with the sheriff who was killed at the start of this episode, who was missing his son's birthday party, to Arlo being a more of a father to Boyd than he ever was to Raylan, as he takes the fall for killing the sheriff. Also Limehouse and Theo deciding to cut off their respective "sons".

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"Oh shit, it's a piggy bank!"
Raylan denying Quarles his arm. Just wonderful. I was convinced Quarles would get a cleaver in the chest as soon as he stopped paying attention. I didn't quite expect that.
That "Raylan/Wynn roulette"-bit might be the best scene in this show's history. Wynn's reactions were priceless.
I figured that might be the reason Tom was shot as soon as Arlo said, "[Heard] a cop with a hat was shot." Love the way they tied the violence of the whole season all together, and back to the central conflict of the show, with just few lines. Tight writing for a season that had so many different threads.
I'm thinking that the kid/hostage is going to be in therapy for quite awhile after this, although nothing he witnessed as Quarles' hostage is as horrifying as attending a Christian rock concert with Corrine Mackey.
Holy shit. I want more episodes NOW. How long 'till next season?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Also:
3b7f17de_250x155px-LL-de182556_SLBA7.gif

52f0fe45_250x155px-LL-3a56982e_VTTXB.gif

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Excellent season. What the finale was "missing" was a proper stand-off between all the various villains. We just had Quarles+Limehouse, who both survived.
Can Quarles' arm get reattached? I expect so. Let's have him back next year or the one after, unless he wants to kill some doctor's wife, that is.
joshEH said:
"Oh shit, it's a piggy bank!"
I'm thinking that the kid/hostage is going to be in therapy for quite awhile after this, although nothing he witnessed as Quarles' hostage is as horrifying as attending a Christian rock concert with Corrine Mackey.
Thank you! It was bugging me so much where I'd seen that actress before! :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by PhilipG /t/317763/justified-season-3-fx/60#post_3915697
Excellent season. What the finale was "missing" was a proper stand-off between all the various villains. We just had Quarles+Limehouse, who both survived.
Can Quarles' arm get reattached? I expect so. Let's have him back next year or the one after, unless he wants to kill some doctor's wife, that is.
Thank you! It was bugging me so much where I'd seen that actress before!
You kidding, he died as he bled out.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I don't remember, was there any definitive evidence that Quarles is still alive? I assumed he was dead, but I suppose it's possible he's still alive. He could become the "One-armed Albino Villain".

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by ScottH /t/317763/justified-season-3-fx/60#post_3915742
I don't remember, was there any definitive evidence that Quarles is still alive? I assumed he was dead, but I suppose it's possible he's still alive. He could become the "One-armed Albino Villain".
With that large pool of blood from his arm, I seriously doubt an ambulance will get to him on time as it appeared that Raylen and Limestone had no intention of placing a tourniquet on him. Both, wanted him dead!

Crawdaddy

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Maybe I've been watching too many films where people get limbs hacked or bitten off and survive. :D
"It's just a flesh wound..."

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
In the EW post-mortem, they said that whether Quarles was dead was left open, but that his arc was over, either way. If Robert Rodriguez signs on to do the fourth season of Justified, we'll see Quarles returning. Barring that, I'd say Quarles is dead. He used his last words to try to humiliate Raylan. Plus, McDonough's signed to star as a lead on Darabont's new series.
He gone.
So, apparently, Yost is saying he wants to sign Eric Stonestreet and Jeff Goldblum for next season's bad guys. And I imagine we can expect to see more Wynn Duffy and Limehouse, and Boyd, of course.
The best part of their post-mortem was the reveal that the first Raylan/Quarles standoff was altered after their Marshal's office consultant informed them that a Marshal would never surrender his gun unless he got something in exchange. So they wrote in the sleeve-gun to let Quarles retain the upper hand, as it were.
For bad writers, reality is a nuisance to be ignored whenever possible; for good writers, it's an excuse to make an existing scene better. (And according to AV Club, that "Piggy-bank!" line was ad-libbed the day of shooting. Remarkable.)
Also, I feel mildly guilty staring at Natalie Zea's motherly endowment:
6624fc82_350x197px-LL-ea62413b_NatalieZea.png

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I love this show but the arm getting cut off was ridiculous. Even with a sharp meat cleaver it would be dam near impossible to cut an arm off like that they did in the show.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Patrick_S /t/317763/justified-season-3-fx/60#post_3915847
I love this show but the arm getting cut off was ridiculous. Even with a sharp meat cleaver it would be dam near impossible to cut an arm off like that they did in the show.
True. But I guess they foreshadowed it with all of those scenes where Limehouse was sharpening or using that cleaver.

It was a little reminiscent of Breaking Bad when:

Gus' face got blowed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks