What's new

Alcatraz Season 1 (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
This almost needs to be a show made 10 or so years ago. Since their is no way to believe that Hauser is between 75-80yrs old.
Back on the finale. At least they showed what was behind the door. But, I really hate that they left it on a cliff-hanger. Hopefully, one of the producers will explain the story if the show is cancelled.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
todd s said:
This almost needs to be a show made 10 or so years ago. Since their is no way to believe that Hauser is between 75-80yrs old.
Why should Hauser be 75-80 year old? Was there something in the story about that?
Sam Neill was born in 1947 and so that makes him about 65 years old. If Hauser were the same age that would make him 16 years old in 1963. I thought that Hauser was a rookie then or close to it. He could have gone to be a cop right out of high school, so 18 to 20 years old might have even worked. That still makes him less than 70 years old. A 65 year old playing a 70 year old is no great stretch.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by NeilO /t/317750/alcatraz-season-1/90#post_3912525
Why should Hauser be 75-80 year old? Was there something in the story about that?
Sam Neill was born in 1947 and so that makes him about 65 years old. If Hauser were the same age that would make him 16 years old in 1963. I thought that Hauser was a rookie then or close to it. He could have gone to be a cop right out of high school, so 18 to 20 years old might have even worked. That still makes him less than 70 years old. A 65 year old playing a 70 year old is no great stretch.
I thought there was an age requirement to be a cop? Even if not, the character moves much too well for a 70 year old man.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
NeilO said:
While it is true that he would have Sam Neill would have been 16 in 1963, many of the events we've been shown have been from 1960. I know he didn't get to the Rock until '63, he did start dating the fair doctor much earlier - during some of the 1960 flashbacks. And I believe there was talk of his more literate studies (from which I inferred some college) prior to his being a cop. That also adds to his character's age.
He is very spry for a mid-70's man. Plus, many branches of the government have a forced retirement age - which I doubt is much past 70 (at least for non desk-jockeys).
Still, as a fiction show, I'm willing to suspend belief. The original argument is valid. But to me, irrelevant - I don't always look for scientific accuracy in TV shows - it is what it is, and so far is staying true to its own internal logic.
David

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks