What's new

Need some help with WMC :) (1 Viewer)

xreyuk

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
Hey guys, I'm testing out Media Center on an old PC, just to see what it's like, and see if I want to build myself a new HTPC. However, I'm having a few issues with it, and would like to know how to resolve it. 1. When playing .avi files, the pictures is ever so slightly out of sync. It's barely noticeable but can be quite annoying. I tried some suggestions about changing settings in the sharks codec options, however this made the .avi unplayable. Anyone got any ideas on this? (I am playing from network storage btw) 2. When playing .mkv files, I have to crank the sound right up on my TV. If I play .avi files, it's completely fine, but .mkv files need the TV putting to the maximum volume. Anyone know why this would be? I have the shark codec packs installed. 3. My PS3 up scales content for my TV screen, however, when playing this same content on 7MC, the quality doesn't look anywhere near as good as the PS3. Anyone know why this is? Are there settings I should be doing to support up scaling (if possible)? I am using Media browser to browse to these files. The colours also don't look that great, is it possible it could be the HDMI cable (even though I thought HDMI quality didn't really matter too much). Could it also be an overscan issue? Note* This is for my own files, however, TV picture doesn't look all that hot. On the TV the colours don't look anywhere near as vibrant. 4. Media Browser metadata has managed to recover metadata for all but two of my movies. I think the problem is that the proper movie titles have a : in them, and obviously you can't put these in a folder name. Is there anyway around this? 5. Media Browser has only been able to recover metadata for one of my TV shows. All of my other TV shows are structured the same way, but no metadata is recovered. 6. Is there anyway I can apply a view option to all of the screens in Media Broswer. For instance, when trying to decide the season of the program, can I set them all to look like the 'detail' option in the skin, or do I have to do each one manually? I have my library sorted like Movies > Film (year) > file.avi and TV Shows > Show Name > Season # > S01E03 System spec is Intel Core 2 Duo E6750, 4GB DDR2 Crucial Ballistix 1066MHZ RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card (using HDMI). Would really appreciate any help Cheers

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Ok, the lipsync issue? I will admit, I have never run into this in any build. How do you connect to your display device?

As to your other issues, here you go:

Within FFDShow, you can set a per-channel delay, in your case it sounds like center channel. Like I said, I've never run into this. You might also check your receiver and make sure it isn't adding any delay. The times I hear of this occuring are often when signal is split (ie, video to display, audio to a reciever)

In regards to volume level:

This will standardize all volume at 100% of the output marked per channel, with an amplification per channel of up to 400%. Note: This DOES NOT impact in any way any bitstream format, like DTS-HD, DD-HD

xreyuk

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
Thanks for the info. I'll give that a go. Anyone got any other suggestions for my other problems. I connect via HDMI.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks