Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Denon AVR1612 Red Blinking Light

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   FujativeOCR

FujativeOCR

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 14 2012 - 07:07 PM

HI everyone new to the forum here. Need Help. Just got a Refurbished Denon 1612 for Christmas. Got it all wires up yesterday to an Infinity Primus (8-ohm) Speaker system. Front, Rear, and sub. Didnt connect center channel yet until TV is on the wall. Pressed power for the initial setup and test and tge unit turned on for a few seconds then back off with a blinking red power light. Subsequent attempts yielded the same results. After consulting the manual/disk, I tried a master reset as well as disconnecting the wires, trying it, and reconnecting and trying again. No luck. At this point the manual says call Denon. Well they arent open til Monday so I kept trying and for some reason it eventually turned on. So I watched a movie. This morning it wouldnt turn on again. After enough tries it did so I listened to a cd. Tonight, wouldnt turn on again. More Red Lights. So wtf is wrong with this thing? It just came from the factory...dont they test them before they send them back out? Anything else I can do besides calling Denon on Monday?

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,736 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted January 15 2012 - 03:11 AM

Very little gets tested at the factory anymore. That goes for anything. They may pull one off the line once in a while but that's about it. Even a brand new receiver can be DOA. It happens. Loose speaker wires touching each other is the main reason a receiver goes into protect mode but it looks like you've tried that already. If there isn't a Denon authorized repair center near you I would contact the retailer and return it for another one. You will have to pay the shipping either to the repair center or the retailer so might as well try and replace it rather than repair it.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

Also have  MB Quart Vera VS05 +.....too much to list. Help me.

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   FujativeOCR

FujativeOCR

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 15 2012 - 03:34 AM

Well drats. Fortunately I get 75% off overnight and 2 day shipping at FedEx so that helps. But what a PITA. So will Denon honor the 1 year warranty if I can't register it at Denon.com? I've tried on 3 different browsers and when I submit the unit info it just refreshes the page and doesn't save anything.

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,736 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted January 15 2012 - 03:56 AM

I'm pretty sure all they want to see at the repair shop is the receipt. Take it with you or send them a copy of it.
"Everyday room": Panasonic 58" Plasma, Dish HD DVR, Pioneer Elite vsx-23, BDP-23 BR, dv58avi universal dvd player, Paradigm Studio 20 V1, CC-450, Dayton HSU-10 subwoofer.

"Movie/Music room": Toshiba 65" DLP, Dish HD receiver, Marantz 7005, CC-4003, BD-7006, Polk LSI25's-LSi7's-LSiC, 2 original Dayton 10" "Mighty-Mites" subwoofers. (subject to change without notice).

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   FujativeOCR

FujativeOCR

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 15 2012 - 04:05 AM

Hah. Of course. It was a gift. The receipt is in Washington and I'm in California. :-/

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   gene c

gene c

Producer

• 5,736 posts
  • LocationBay area, Ca

Posted January 15 2012 - 05:20 AM

Well, I'm sure that's a common occurence. There has to be some way around that. If the repair shop puts up a fuss then email Denon. Hopefully they'll work with you.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   MikeBNY

MikeBNY

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 16 2012 - 12:59 PM

Love to help. I will have my team reach out to you in the morning. Sorry you are having issues. Will assist immediately and get you back up and running. Mike B VP Service Denon

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   SeanO350

SeanO350

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 17 2012 - 03:48 AM

Kurt, Please provide your telephone contact information so I can have one of my techs call you directly to assist. Thank you, Sean O'Neill Customer Service Manager Denon Electronics USA

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   Aryaman Sudarakrishnan

Aryaman Sudarakrishnan

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 08 2013 - 04:04 PM

Hi,

My name is arya, 

I have recently purchased a Denon 1612 from Ebay. The person told me that the Receiver is not in working. They advised me that there is no sound coming out of the speaker outputs. I got this receiver for the fraction of its cost. I am replying in this form as I want this to be fixed.

Is it possible for me to get some help from someone to fix it?

Edited by Aryaman Sudarakrishnan, December 08 2013 - 04:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users