What's new

Denon AVR1612 Red Blinking Light (1 Viewer)

FujativeOCR

Auditioning
Real Name
Kurt
HI everyone new to the forum here. Need Help.
Just got a Refurbished Denon 1612 for Christmas. Got it all wires up yesterday to an Infinity Primus (8-ohm) Speaker system. Front, Rear, and sub. Didnt connect center channel yet until TV is on the wall.
Pressed power for the initial setup and test and tge unit turned on for a few seconds then back off with a blinking red power light. Subsequent attempts yielded the same results. After consulting the manual/disk, I tried a master reset as well as disconnecting the wires, trying it, and reconnecting and trying again. No luck. At this point the manual says call Denon.
Well they arent open til Monday so I kept trying and for some reason it eventually turned on. So I watched a movie. This morning it wouldnt turn on again. After enough tries it did so I listened to a cd. Tonight, wouldnt turn on again. More Red Lights.
So wtf is wrong with this thing? It just came from the factory...dont they test them before they send them back out? Anything else I can do besides calling Denon on Monday?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Very little gets tested at the factory anymore. That goes for anything. They may pull one off the line once in a while but that's about it. Even a brand new receiver can be DOA. It happens.
Loose speaker wires touching each other is the main reason a receiver goes into protect mode but it looks like you've tried that already. If there isn't a Denon authorized repair center near you I would contact the retailer and return it for another one. You will have to pay the shipping either to the repair center or the retailer so might as well try and replace it rather than repair it.

FujativeOCR

Auditioning
Real Name
Kurt
Well drats. Fortunately I get 75% off overnight and 2 day shipping at FedEx so that helps. But what a PITA.
So will Denon honor the 1 year warranty if I can't register it at Denon.com? I've tried on 3 different browsers and when I submit the unit info it just refreshes the page and doesn't save anything.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I'm pretty sure all they want to see at the repair shop is the receipt. Take it with you or send them a copy of it.

FujativeOCR

Auditioning
Real Name
Kurt
Hah. Of course. It was a gift. The receipt is in Washington and I'm in California. :-/

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Well, I'm sure that's a common occurence. There has to be some way around that. If the repair shop puts up a fuss then email Denon. Hopefully they'll work with you.

MikeBNY

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Begala
Love to help. I will have my team reach out to you in the morning. Sorry you are having issues. Will assist immediately and get you back up and running.
Mike B
VP Service Denon

SeanO350

Auditioning
Real Name
Sean O'Neill
Kurt,
Please provide your telephone contact information so I can have one of my techs call you directly to assist.
Thank you,
Sean O'Neill
Customer Service Manager
Denon Electronics USA

Hi,

My name is arya,

I have recently purchased a Denon 1612 from Ebay. The person told me that the Receiver is not in working. They advised me that there is no sound coming out of the speaker outputs. I got this receiver for the fraction of its cost. I am replying in this form as I want this to be fixed.

Is it possible for me to get some help from someone to fix it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks