Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"Rob" on CBS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,460 posts

Posted January 14 2012 - 08:32 AM

I basically sleptwalked through the pilot, which was as unfunny and uninspiring and flat out dumb as you would expect from the new Rob Schneider series. However my jaw dropped during the middle of the episode when they went with a protracted physical bit about geriatric rape. It's the kind of thing I could see from another era, like a 30's era farce, but in this day and age, it was eye opening that they went there. If this were some other, edgier comedy I would have laughed, but for an 8:30 idiot sitcom on CBS, I was more bemused than amused.

BTW, Rob's wife is so hot that it's a whole new level of fat guy/hot wife incongruity.

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,522 posts

Posted January 15 2012 - 12:46 AM

I agree with this being a snoozer, however I actually expected better.  Not sure that I saw a "rape" scene - I get which one you are talking about, but I think referring to it as geriatric rape is a bit overboard.

Not going back for a second episode though....

It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink:

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   David Hobbes

David Hobbes

Stunt Coordinator

• 107 posts

Posted January 21 2012 - 11:26 AM

it so pisses me off that CBS keeps bumping "Rules of Engagement" for crap like ROb...

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,240 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 26 2012 - 04:33 PM

Well opinions and all I put Rules in the crapper and would rather watch Rob, but that isn't really saying much.
facebook.com/whotony

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,252 posts

Posted February 10 2012 - 07:10 AM

Rules of Engagement is really pretty good, just wish they'd dump David Spade. He's an obnoxious jerk whose only acting ability is obnoxious jerk. Haven't seen Rob, nor do I intend to. Looked like trash from the moment I saw the promos. Normally don't pass judgment on things I haven't seen, but this seems horrible and doomed for a quick cancellation.
Stan

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Scott Hanson

Scott Hanson

Screenwriter

• 2,901 posts

Posted February 10 2012 - 11:43 AM

To me, shows like 'Rules of Engagement' and 'Rob' are one in the same.  I haven't seen 'Rob', and I'm sure I never will.  I would even put ratings grabbers like 'Two and a Half Men' and 'Big Bang Theory' in that category.  Pretty much any network "sitcom".

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,252 posts

Posted February 10 2012 - 03:43 PM

To me, shows like 'Rules of Engagement' and 'Rob' are one in the same.  I haven't seen 'Rob', and I'm sure I never will.  I would even put ratings grabbers like 'Two and a Half Men' and 'Big Bang Theory' in that category.  Pretty much any network "sitcom".

Rules of Engagement is just mindless fun, half the time I'm cooking dinner or paying bills while it's on. Big Bang Theory is hilarious, maybe since I;m a moderate nerd myself. No comment on Rob since I can't stand the main characters they've shown in commercials, so will never be watching. Hightly agree with you over Two and a Half Men, don't think I've seen it in years, except for the infamous Aston Kutcfher debut, which further turned me offf to the show. Not sure how true, but I read he makes $750,000 per episode do to what? He has no talent, not good looking, just one of those people who somehow showed up at the right time and place and got hired for something.. Like so many other shows, it's the seondary players like the Mother and Berta that steal the show. The main actors are worthless. Not sure what Demi Moore's current problems are, but they're bound to get better with Kutcher out of the picture.
Stan

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Screenwriter

• 1,581 posts

Posted February 10 2012 - 03:53 PM

I watched some of Rob last night waiting for POI to come on and it's awful, just a stupid premise and awful jokes.
I have seen Larry David in action, and that man is an animal, and he has to be stopped.

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,252 posts

Posted February 10 2012 - 06:47 PM

I watched some of Rob last night waiting for POI to come on and it's awful, just a stupid premise and awful jokes.

Pardon my ignorance but what is POI? The starchy slop from Hawaii or something else.
Stan

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   John_Lee

John_Lee

Supporting Actor

• 966 posts

Posted February 10 2012 - 09:51 PM

Person of Interest