What's new

30 Rock season 6 thread (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Last night was the show's live episode, and what a hoot it was. Great surprise guest appearances, hilarious sketches. This is the show in its prime.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I found it more hilarious than many of this season's episodes. They should switch over to live all the time. Jon Hamm was hysterically funny, and I really enjoyed all the hoops Alec Baldwin was jumping through switching characters.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it was alot of fun with some really hilarious guest spots/cameos. It's very impressive that this show remains as good as it is. There's shows that have great years and then start to fall off but this show just keeps going strong.
I'm guessing there was a second recording done for the west coast.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by TravisR /t/317670/30-rock-season-6-thread#post_3920489
I'm guessing there was a second recording done for the west coast.

Correct. They redid the show at 11:30 EDT for the West Coast.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
I heard that the west coast was robbed. I heard you east-coasters got Paul McCartney for a was walk-on. We got stuck with Kim Kardassian.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Hugh Jackes said:
I heard that the west coast was robbed. I heard you east-coasters got Paul McCartney for a was walk-on. We got stuck with Kim Kardassian.
I read that earlier this morning but thought it was a joke. It's pretty funny that they have one of the most famous musicians in history who has a massive legacy that has enhanced millions of people's lives for one show and the other gets a soon-to-be-forgotten dimwit that came to fame because she had a sex tape.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
There were other changes from coast to coast. Jon Hamm didn't play in the Huntley/Brinkley sketch on the West Coast - Brian Williams did. (I haven't watched it yet - just read on a website about the differences). It does sound like the East Coast got the better broadcast.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Brian Williams was pretty funny. Tho' I'm surprised (as I always am when he makes a cameo) that he didn't worry about appearing in a comedy sketch, especially as a news guy, affecting his journalistic reputation.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Just watched the West Coast feed. There were quite a few change-ups and new jokes, but I still prefer the East Coast version, warts and all.
"BANJO!!!"
Holy crap, I laughed more at that "blacky-shimsham" sketch than I have in forever. I'm still giggling right now just thinking about it.
It was the pregnant pause before Hamm just couldn't hold it in any longer that absolutely destroyed me. For the love of God, Lorne, book him for hosting duties again next season as fast as possible.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Watched both the east and west coast shows, and found them both really funny. If I have preference, it's for the east and Paul McCartney (of course), but the west feed had it's share of great moments. The Leo Spaceman bits were different too.

Let's hope this show just sealed it's 7th season renewal with the buzz from the live shows.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sam Favate said:
If I have preference, it's for the east and Paul McCartney (of course), but the west feed had it's share of great moments.
I don't have a very high opinion of Kim Kardashian but I did prefer the final joke for the west coast episode when Liz says how 2.5 million people just saw this and Kim Kardashian puts a picture on Twitter & says how now 12 million just saw it. It's also a very sad commentary on the world when more people are interested in Kim Kardashian's thoughts and paid advertisements than 30 Rock.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
joshEH said:
Just watched the West Coast feed. There were quite a few change-ups and new jokes, but I still prefer the East Coast version, warts and all.
"BANJO!!!"
Holy crap, I laughed more at that "blacky-shimsham" sketch than I have in forever. I'm still giggling right now just thinking about it.
It was the pregnant pause before Hamm just couldn't hold it in any longer that absolutely destroyed me. For the love of God, Lorne, book him for hosting duties again next season as fast as possible.
On my goodness, that was the funniest bit.
I would sooo watch that show.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The reuniting of Jack and Avery was a bit anti-climactic, but as usual, there were so many other little throwaway bits that a re-watching is absolutely mandatory.
"Their 'meat' is just deflated kickballs."
"There's now a 'Mitt Romney IV' -- they worked all the bugs out. He's not killing hobos at night anymore."
baf641a6_350x350px-LL-81e9e4a9_tumblr_m3u91t5MaL1qfve95o1_500.png

"Referring to Me as Khaleesi" = awesome. I don't know why, but it always tickles me when I can tell what the favorite show of a given writer's room is at a moment (like The Office and 30 Rock with BSG, or Community with Cougartown/Dr. Who).

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Funny that Criss hasn't earned any points for "Absolute Silence During Celebrity Apprentice" or killing spiders. I wonder if that's because there haven't been any spiders to kill, or if the chore isn't worth the points to him.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The line about Dr. Cornel West (er...sorry, I meant, ?uestlove) seeing The Five-Year Engagement killed me, for some reason.
I laughed my ass off at the "Homeland" reference, but then it rapidly turns into a full-blown Homeland homage? Interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks