Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

30 Rock season 6 thread

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 of 19 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,182 posts
  • LocationRoom 303, The Heart O' The City Hotel

Posted April 05 2012 - 09:35 PM

"It's like a swastika made out of penises."

Too much like the, "Homer-is-dumb-because-of-the-crayon-in-his-brain" episode of The Simpsons.

But Smurfette Jenna? Totally would.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#2 of 19 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,983 posts

Posted April 27 2012 - 04:17 AM

Last night was the show's live episode, and what a hoot it was. Great surprise guest appearances, hilarious sketches. This is the show in its prime.

#3 of 19 ONLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,850 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted April 27 2012 - 04:23 AM

I found it more hilarious than many of this season's episodes. They should switch over to live all the time. Jon Hamm was hysterically funny, and I really enjoyed all the hoops Alec Baldwin was jumping through switching characters.

#4 of 19 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,486 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted April 27 2012 - 04:25 AM

Yeah, it was alot of fun with some really hilarious guest spots/cameos. It's very impressive that this show remains as good as it is. There's shows that have great years and then start to fall off but this show just keeps going strong. I'm guessing there was a second recording done for the west coast.

#5 of 19 ONLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,850 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted April 27 2012 - 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TravisR /t/317670/30-rock-season-6-thread#post_3920489

I'm guessing there was a second recording done for the west coast.

Correct. They redid the show at 11:30 EDT for the West Coast.

#6 of 19 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,486 posts

Posted April 27 2012 - 04:34 AM

Correct. They redid the show at 11:30 EDT for the West Coast.

Cool. I just checked their website and both versions are on there so I'll have to watch the west coast version too.

EDIT: They're both up On Demand as well.

#7 of 19 OFFLINE   Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts
  • LocationAnaheim. CA

Posted April 27 2012 - 05:53 AM

I heard that the west coast was robbed. I heard you east-coasters got Paul McCartney for a was walk-on. We got stuck with Kim Kardassian.
I have learned that some pain cannot be healed, but must be endured. I believe our Higher Power will help us to endure and find peace. I loved the boy with the utmost love of which my soul is capable and he is taken from me-yet in the agony of my spirit in surrendering such a treasure, I feel a thousand times richer than if I had never possessed it."
-- William Wordsworth 1812

#8 of 19 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,486 posts

Posted April 27 2012 - 06:25 AM

I heard that the west coast was robbed. I heard you east-coasters got Paul McCartney for a was walk-on. We got stuck with Kim Kardassian.

I read that earlier this morning but thought it was a joke. It's pretty funny that they have one of the most famous musicians in history who has a massive legacy that has enhanced millions of people's lives for one show and the other gets a soon-to-be-forgotten dimwit that came to fame because she had a sex tape.

#9 of 19 ONLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,850 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted April 27 2012 - 07:20 AM

There were other changes from coast to coast. Jon Hamm didn't play in the Huntley/Brinkley sketch on the West Coast - Brian Williams did. (I haven't watched it yet - just read on a website about the differences). It does sound like the East Coast got the better broadcast.

#10 of 19 OFFLINE   Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor

• 759 posts
  • LocationAnaheim. CA

Posted April 27 2012 - 07:57 AM

Brian Williams was pretty funny. Tho' I'm surprised (as I always am when he makes a cameo) that he didn't worry about appearing in a comedy sketch, especially as a news guy, affecting his journalistic reputation.
I have learned that some pain cannot be healed, but must be endured. I believe our Higher Power will help us to endure and find peace. I loved the boy with the utmost love of which my soul is capable and he is taken from me-yet in the agony of my spirit in surrendering such a treasure, I feel a thousand times richer than if I had never possessed it."
-- William Wordsworth 1812

#11 of 19 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,182 posts

Posted April 27 2012 - 11:26 AM

Just watched the West Coast feed. There were quite a few change-ups and new jokes, but I still prefer the East Coast version, warts and all.

"BANJO!!!"

Holy crap, I laughed more at that "blacky-shimsham" sketch than I have in forever. I'm still giggling right now just thinking about it.

It was the pregnant pause before Hamm just couldn't hold it in any longer that absolutely destroyed me. For the love of God, Lorne, book him for hosting duties again next season as fast as possible.

"Pablo, please take Chet's corpse into the other room, and then fix Mr. Hallenbeck a drink."

#12 of 19 OFFLINE   Sam Favate

Sam Favate

Producer

• 4,983 posts

Posted April 29 2012 - 03:30 AM

Watched both the east and west coast shows, and found them both really funny. If I have preference, it's for the east and Paul McCartney (of course), but the west feed had it's share of great moments. The Leo Spaceman bits were different too.    Let's hope this show just sealed it's 7th season renewal with the buzz from the live shows.

#13 of 19 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,486 posts

Posted April 29 2012 - 03:59 AM

If I have preference, it's for the east and Paul McCartney (of course), but the west feed had it's share of great moments.

I don't have a very high opinion of Kim Kardashian but I did prefer the final joke for the west coast episode when Liz says how 2.5 million people just saw this and Kim Kardashian puts a picture on Twitter & says how now 12 million just saw it. It's also a very sad commentary on the world when more people are interested in Kim Kardashian's thoughts and paid advertisements than 30 Rock.

#14 of 19 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,281 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted April 29 2012 - 06:30 AM

Just watched the West Coast feed. There were quite a few change-ups and new jokes, but I still prefer the East Coast version, warts and all.

"BANJO!!!"

Holy crap, I laughed more at that "blacky-shimsham" sketch than I have in forever. I'm still giggling right now just thinking about it.

It was the pregnant pause before Hamm just couldn't hold it in any longer that absolutely destroyed me. For the love of God, Lorne, book him for hosting duties again next season as fast as possible.

On my goodness, that was the funniest bit.

I would sooo watch that show.
facebook.com/whotony

#15 of 19 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,182 posts

Posted May 11 2012 - 10:32 AM

The reuniting of Jack and Avery was a bit anti-climactic, but as usual, there were so many other little throwaway bits that a re-watching is absolutely mandatory.

"Their 'meat' is just deflated kickballs."

"There's now a 'Mitt Romney IV' -- they worked all the bugs out. He's not killing hobos at night anymore."

http://www.hometheat.../350/height/350

"Referring to Me as Khaleesi" = awesome. I don't know why, but it always tickles me when I can tell what the favorite show of a given writer's room is at a moment (like The Office and 30 Rock with BSG, or Community with Cougartown/Dr. Who).

#16 of 19 OFFLINE   PS Nystrom

PS Nystrom

Second Unit

• 447 posts

Posted May 12 2012 - 12:50 PM

Funny that Criss hasn't earned any points for "Absolute Silence During Celebrity Apprentice" or killing spiders. I wonder if that's because there haven't been any spiders to kill, or if the chore isn't worth the points to him.

#17 of 19 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,486 posts

Posted May 12 2012 - 02:25 PM

I don't know why but I find it really funny that, according to the chart, he listened to Liz describe her dreams three days in a row.

#18 of 19 OFFLINE   joshEH

joshEH

Producer

• 3,182 posts

Posted May 18 2012 - 10:50 AM

The line about Dr. Cornel West (er...sorry, I meant, ?uestlove) seeing The Five-Year Engagement killed me, for some reason.

I laughed my ass off at the "Homeland" reference, but then it rapidly turns into a full-blown Homeland homage? Interesting.

#19 of 19 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,486 posts

Posted May 18 2012 - 11:26 AM

I like any time that someone takes a shot at Tyler Perry. The tag with Kim Jong Un warning the writers to not mess up next season was funny too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users