-

Photo
- - - - -

Opinions of the Dell 4100 MP

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 javamike9

javamike9

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 12 2012 - 07:43 AM

I have the opportunity to purchase a Dell 4100 MP for about $150. It is is very good shape, and the bulb is brand new. :jawdrop: I was wondering if it would provide adequate quality for watching a movie/the big game. There was a similar question asked some time ago on here (http://www.hometheat...100mp-projector) but there were no responses. Would this be a good idea or not? I am not interested in salvaging it, I know the price is pretty incredible. I just want a projector for watching video.

#2 of 4 GeorgeAB

GeorgeAB

Second Unit

• 468 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted January 12 2012 - 10:20 AM

I have the opportunity to purchase a Dell 4100 MP for about $150. It is is very good shape, and the bulb is brand new. :jawdrop: I was wondering if it would provide adequate quality for watching a movie/the big game. There was a similar question asked some time ago on here (http://www.hometheat...100mp-projector) but there were no responses. Would this be a good idea or not? I am not interested in salvaging it, I know the price is pretty incredible. I just want a projector for watching video.

It will produce a "watchable" image, but no where near current sub-$2k projection technology. It 's a 4:3 aspect ratio, XGA, DLP, portable business class projector that accepts 1080i or 720p HD video signals. Contrast is not very good. The fan will be noisy. It wasn't designed as a video display device, but for primary use in PowerPoint presentations and class rooms. There is no HDMI/DVI input.

#3 of 4 Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted January 12 2012 - 06:38 PM

The only positive about it is it's pretty bright. That's because it's a business projector as George stated. How do you know the bulb is new? Is this on Ebay? If so, good luck.

#4 of 4 javamike9

javamike9

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 17 2012 - 09:44 AM

Thanks to both of you. My company has an auction site for employees where they liquidate old electronics. I know the bulb is new, because I talked to the person (a friend) who put it in last week. Regardless, since it would not do what I want, I did not get it. Thank you for your insight.