What's new

WHV Announcement: Gremlins 2: The New Batch (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
great news, I prefer this one to the original, its more fun, more action, and faster paced. Also I like the red head boss actress, I think this was her only movie. my 6 year old son also likes part 2 and he will be happy to know we'll be getting it on bluray

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I don't want to ruin a very special scene in this movie, but I do

remember that there were two versions of it depending on whether

you saw it in the theater or on home video.

I know the theater version involved the film appearing to burn
and I believe, the appearance of Hulk Hogan?

(Been so long I can hardly remember)

The home video release may have involved VHS tracking

problems that were incorporated into the scene to make it

seem as if there were problems at home being caused by

the menacing Gremlins.

Anyone want to give a better description of what I am
implying here?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ Blatantly copy and pasted from the IMDB:
When the movie ran in theatres, it featured a scene where the gremlins take over the theatre and Hulk Hogan intimidates them into running the rest of the movie. On videotape, this was changed to a scene where gremlins take over your television set, and John Wayne takes them on. The Hulk Hogan version was used on the DVD, but the John Wayne version is also on the DVD as an easter egg -- go to the Special Features menu, move the cursor to "Gag Reel" or "Theatrical Trailer," then press right, highlighting the gremlin hand. Select that, and the scene will play.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099700/faq

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
Spoiler the dvd i own, standard US release has the film burning/melting, then the gremlins laugh and change the reel to an old volleyball film. then they show a scene of the audience of a movie theater and hulk hogan gets up, rips off his shirt and fixes "the problem" * End spoiler I sort remember the home video being a little different, but only rented it once probably what your described with the tracking

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
thanks Travis, it was a long time ago and yeah I remember John Wayne vaguely, but I wasn't sure if it was just a dream. its like the version of "Big" I saw in the theaters had the girl turn into a kid also at the end. Will look for the Gremlins 2 easter egg on my dvd soon.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Very nice. Hopefully Innerspace won't be far behind. And Ron, I think the VHS gag was included on the DVD as an Easter Egg. Hopefully it'll make it onto the Blu-Ray.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Here's an amazing fan-made version of a proposed digital "film-break" scene that uses clever editing and stop-motion animation to great effect. If you've never seen it, prepare to be impressed.

MattHR

Screenwriter
That sure would be cool if WB could arrange to have that fan-made clip included on the Blu-ray! Obtaining rights to use the film clips shouldn't be a problem, since they're all WB releases, except for Raiders of the Lost Ark (which is connected to Gremlins via Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment production company). Perhaps someone here at HTF with contacts at WB could suggest looking into the possibility?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks