Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Overkill setup for small room?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   ionicoverdose

ionicoverdose

Auditioning

• 8 posts

Posted January 11 2012 - 01:46 AM

I will mention i picked the onkyo 609 for 3d and when i play blu-ray i will hear it in its intended form. I plan on getting Onkyo TX-NR609 7.2 Channel Network THX Certified A/V Receiver with Energy 5.1 Take Classic Home Theater System. Would this be overkill for a bedroom size 11x11x11x11 perfectly square room. I would be watching the TV from my bed which is only 2 feet from the wall, so i would not be in the center of the room and i would be closer to the speakers on my right side. I would have to get 2 stands for the speakers since my computer desk is blocking the one corner. i also have dresser in the room. Should i just go with 2 floor speakers instead? i figured for the price of 2 good floor speakers i can get the Energy 5.1 Take Classic Home Theater System which has really good reviews.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   apn73

apn73

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted January 11 2012 - 08:48 AM

If you plan on moving into a different room or expanding the system in the future it sure won't be. If you don't have to have home theatre right away, then go with two fronts and a center channel. Bookshelfs on stands offer a lot of flexibility and then you have a good music system as wall as a good system to watch movies on.