What's new

Eight Is Enough Is Finally Happening (1 Viewer)

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Looks like Warner is releasing the first season in April. Here's the story from tvshowsondvd.com:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Eight-Enough-Season-1-Press-Release/16393

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I recall they had an issue with some of the master-elements which held this up.
How long before the show is back on the air on INSP GM and HALLMARK?

Montytc

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Montavon
This is great news. Even though the first season only had nine episodes, it is great to finally see a DVD release after all these years.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
I just found out that this will most likely be a butchered-beyond-belief release. Look at what sjbradford has to say:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075500/board/thread/193372867?d=latest&t=20120110201116#latest

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I think it's a bit too early to be specualting about the use of syndicated versions of the episodes in this release.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
cajunhillbilly said:
why would you think they will use the syndicated versions?
I think he meant because that imdb poster pointed out that the amazon download versions were indeed the cut, syndicated versions. Can anyone confirm this?
*sigh* I knew this was all too good to be true... :(

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
vnisanian2001 said:
I just found out that this will most likely be a butchered-beyond-belief release. Look at what sjbradford has to say:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075500/board/thread/193372867?d=latest&t=20120110201116#latest
I don't know about "butchered beyond belief" - but I checked the listings for the Amazon download versions,
the listed episode run times seem pretty intact for the late 70s:
1. 48 minutes
2. 50
3. 50
4. 50
5. 50
6. 49
7. 49
8. 50
9. 49
I suppose it's possible some seconds are missing from episodes 1, 6, 7, and 9
if they were all originally 50 minutes. But I don't know for sure that is the case.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Um, I'm not referring to syndicated versions. I'm referring to what sjbradford said. He said that for some reason, they decided to go back and re-edit some of the episodes due to the original mother's death.
And it was during the original ABC run.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
vnisanian2001 said:
Um, I'm not referring to syndicated versions. I'm referring to what sjbradford said. He said that for some reason, they decided to go back and re-edit some of the episodes due to the original mother's death.
And it was during the original ABC run.
So you're saying the syndicated versions reverted to the originals, with the original mother's phone scenes edited back in?
You're talking about two different things: sjbradford said that the amazon downloads are the versions without the mother. We're trying to determine which versions will exist on the dvds.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I think that since Joan is pictured on the cover of the set (at least the small version that was posted on tvshowsondvd.com), Joan will be in the episodes. Seems logical to me.
Also, since the show hasn't changed hands numerous times (like the MTM catalog), then the chances of finding the complete original broadcast versions is pretty good. I believe the show was originally a Lorimar production and Lorimar was a part of Warner. I'm not sure about that, but I seem to recall the show as being Lorimar.

I always saw the versions with Hyland, even in syndication. That was years ago, so I couldn't comment on how they have been handled since. But the story of her passing in real life (especially connected with John Travolta) is such an important part of the history of the show, I can't imagine them not including the original versions....but I've seen weirder.

Jon Baker

Second Unit
Dianne Kay (who played Nancy Bradford) acknowledges the EIE DVD release on her webpage: http://diannekayproductions.com/shout-out-to-cindi-benson/#comments
Dianne also thanks everyone who wrote in and voted to have EIE on DVD in this audio interview which aired this morning: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ethantudorw/2012/01/23/the-neverhood-show-episode-78-dianne-kay

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i am so happy that EIE is coming to DVD and gives me hope that Family Tiess/Growing Pains will be completed. I liked to see the hogan family released as well! The family values sitcoms are missed on today's generation of kids. I was a bar last weekend talking to gal, who was born in like 1990 and she does not remember growing pains, especially Leonardo dicapria got his start on growing pains!

Mr. Ed

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edward Van Fossan
I think...think...think... if the first year episodes are trimmed then forget about season 2. I believe people are fed up with cut minutes for any reason. Especially $18.00 worth for 9 spisodes. But let's not kill the messanger just yet. One's entire life is a rumor. Allow the finished product to display itself then throw all the stones you wish with the understanding that someone may throw one back.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
In case anyone is interested while waiting for the DVD release, NBC did a "Great TV Families Reunited" series at some point, and featured most of the Bradford clan:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/35641886#35641886
A few other reunions are on the site as well after the forced ad....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks