Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Fixing/replacing an outdoor light fixture?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 of 16 OFFLINE   Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,981 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted April 02 2012 - 06:29 PM

The original issue is long since resolved, but now I have a new one. There's a two-plug outlet in my back yard that didn't seem to be working, until I thought of the switch in the living room. With the switch on, the outlets work. Cool, good place for a landscape light controller. BUT, the switch also turns on the back floods. Do not want. So, my options are: a) put in some dead bulbs and forget the floods; b) install a switch for the floods. A is easy, but I hate killing lights even if I rarely ever use them. How easy is it to install a switch? The power to the floods is external, running down the wall, inside a protective tubing, so I can get to the wires. Don't really relish the idea of having an outdoor switch, but it's alright. If I went with option A, do they make some kind of dummy that you can screw into a socket so you keep water out? It doesn't even have to look like a bulb--just some socket cover. But, I probably will eventually go with a switch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users