-

Photo

SPHE Press Release: The Skin I Live In (DVD)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,931 posts

Posted January 10 2012 - 09:27 AM

Scary, sexy and terrifically twisted!” – Peter Travers, Rolling Stone

Extraordinarily beautiful! Almodóvar’s most visually ravishing film.” – Karen Durbin, ELLE

Almodóvar’s hypnotic new film. Every time you think you know what the movie is up to, it takes an astonishing new turn.”  – Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal

Official Selection:

2011 Cannes Film Festival ~ 2011 Toronto International Film Festival

2011 New York Film Festival, Gala Screening

Nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Foreign Language Film

THE SKIN I LIVE IN

Directed by Academy Award® Winner Pedro Almodóvar and

Starring Antonio Banderas and Elena Anaya

Special Features Include a Seven-Part Making-of Featurette,

“An Evening with Pedro Almodóvar” Q&A,

and “On the Red Carpet: New York Premiere” Featurette

Debuting on Blu-ray + DVD Combo Pack March 6th 

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

CULVER CITY, CALIF. (January 10, 2012) – Oscar® winning Writer/Director Pedro Almodóvar (Best Writing, Original Screenplay, Talk To Her, 2002) and three-time Golden Globe® nominee Antonio Banderas (The Mask of ZorroDesperado) team up for the sixth time on The Skin I Live In, debuting on Blu-ray™ + DVD Combo Pack March 6th from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. This psycho-sexual thriller, which also stars Elena Anaya (Savage GraceVan Helsing), Marisa Paredes (High HeelsAll About My Mother), Jan Cornet (There Be Dragons) and Roberto Álamo (Take My Eyes), follows a brilliant plastic surgeon (Banderas) who is haunted by past tragedies and by his present patient: a mysterious woman (Anaya) who holds the key to his obsession. Special features include a seven-part behind-the-scenes featurette, “An Evening with Pedro Almodóvar” Q&A and “On The Red Carpet: New York Premiere” featurette. The Skin I Live In will be available for $45.99 SRP (Combo Pack).

Synopsis:

Ever since his wife was burned in a car crash, Dr. Robert Ledgard (Antonio Banderas), an eminent plastic surgeon, has been interested in creating a new skin with which he could have saved her. After twelve years, he manages to cultivate a skin that is a real shield against every assault. In addition to years of study and experimentation, Robert needed three more things: no scruples, an accomplice and a human guinea pig. Scruples were never a problem. Marilia, the woman who looked after him from the day he was born, is his most faithful accomplice. And as for the human guinea pig …

DVD Bonus Features Include:

§  “The Making of The Skin I Live In” 7-Part Featurette

§  “An Evening with Director Pedro Almodóvar” Q&A

§  “On The Red Carpet: New York Premiere” Featurette

Directed by Pedro Almodóvar from his own screenplay, The Skin I Live In was executive produced by Agustín Almodóvar.

The Skin I Live In has a running time of 117 minutes and is rated R for disturbing violent content including sexual assault, strong sexuality, graphic nudity, drug use and language.

Artwork and digital clips are available for download at www.sphepublicity.com.

Visit Sony Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.

Combo Pack Catalog #: 39485

Combo Pack UPC Code: 0-43396-39485-8

Combo Pack Order Date: 2/2/12

Combo Pack SRP: $45.99

About Sony Pictures Home Entertainment

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is a Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) company. Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation.  SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; worldwide television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in more than 142 countries. Sony Pictures Entertainment can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.sonypictures.com.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Thomas T

Thomas T

Screenwriter

• 2,251 posts

Posted January 11 2012 - 12:51 AM

Post deleted.