Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

rear/surround speaker placement - pic provided

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   soler

soler

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 08 2012 - 03:42 AM

ive been searching for the best location for my rear speakers so that i could get best surround audio out of them. here are pics of what my options are, i got some answers but im still uncertain of what to do. Posted Image Uploaded with ImageShack.us its either mounting them behind the wall but seperate them as far as i can, or have them mounted at each side facing down, i ordered wall mounts with swivel so that i can play around with it FYI - from the wall on the picture to the middle is around 11.5feet and from the wall on the other side to the middle is 9.1 feet but i heard that the system calibrates it, i have a yapo mic or something like that, i think that calibrates them automatically. which is perferable? , i was told that mounting them on the sides are better then behind and separated.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   punman

punman

Agent

• 44 posts

Posted January 08 2012 - 12:03 PM

Mine are about in your "swivel down" spot as it was the only option I had; they don't sound too bad there. I was told that mounting them on the sides are better too, but have no experience to compare.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   soler

soler

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 08 2012 - 09:29 PM

i should point out that my speakers are monopole (direct radiating sound), i have been researching this really hard but i cant find a straight answer

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   David Willow

David Willow

Screenwriter

• 2,016 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted January 09 2012 - 03:22 PM

Can you get stands and place them on either side of your seating (facing each other)?

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   soler

soler

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 09 2012 - 06:19 PM

i bought wall mounts already :/