What's new

DIY Movie Poster Light box Diagrams??? (1 Viewer)

phaeren86

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
So, I've checked out a lot of the previous posts on the subject. However, most of them are so old that the links are no longer usable. What I'm looking for are a few diagrams for light boxes that people have built and had success with. I already have a few ideas in my head but I want to see what else is out there that has been successful in an attempt to learn from others what worked and didn't before I spend the money on my own. Thanks Everyone, phaeren86

MikeWh

Second Unit
Paul-- I just rec'd a PM for my plans from one of those old threads with bad links. I JUST came to the forum to see if I could find the old thread and finally post the plans here (at the time, attachments weren't allowed... or at least not big ones). Here is that old thread, if anyone else is interested. Hope this helps. [ATTACHMENT=228]MikeWh Light Boxes - designed in Visio (883k. zip file)[/ATTACHMENT]

michael5155

Auditioning
Real Name
MICHAEL
I was reading on a different forum about a guy who used a thumb drive loaded with various movie poster images and played them on his 40" LCD flatscreen (obviously turned verrically). Given the cost of buying a movie poster light box, this is actually a cheaper option. I'm sure building your own is a bit less of an expense, however.

phaeren86

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul
yeah, from what i have seen online the cost for building your own is right under $100 maybe a little more than that. So thanks for the suggestion but less than $100 beats going out and buying a 40" tv to use. plus I already have framed movie posters at home so finding good quality digital files of them is just extra work. And that would also be one expense that I would not be able to justify to the fiancee

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks