What's new

Adding subtitles to foreign Blu-rays... (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I know there are ways of adding English (or other language) subtitles to French and German Blu-rays that lack them, because there are dozens of websites with download links for them. What I haven't found is instructions for what software is required and how to go about adding them. I have purchased a number of titles from other countries that look great but there are no English subs (ADVENTURES OF RABBI JACOB, JEAN DE FLORETTE & MANON DES SOURCE, etc.). Surely at least a few of your are adept at performing this operation - can you get me started? Many thanks, and Happy New Year!

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
Not sure about Blue Ray files,but I did do it a while back,and it worked for the film El Sur, ,I am sorry I can't remember the name of the program I used ,I got it off DVD-R help ,and it was a real pain to add all the parts to the downloaded program,then You still need stuff like codecs I was lost till I found a video showing me how on U-Tube try searching there first

alexAN

Stunt Coordinator
TSMuxer is the key for me. I do this operation quite ofte, adding spanish subs to Region-A, english-subs-only titles. Check for that little program. Manuals are not hard to find. In short: rip the movie to your hdd, load the playlist which contains the movie (in order to automatically keep the chapter points, and the whole movie when it's divided in several .m2ts) or only the movie, and add the subtitle track (size 65 and let a 70px margin, remember labeling the language). Choose "blu-ray disk" as profile and let it do the magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks