-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Adding subtitles to foreign Blu-rays...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,042 posts

Posted January 02 2012 - 10:06 AM

I know there are ways of adding English (or other language) subtitles to French and German Blu-rays that lack them, because there are dozens of websites with download links for them. What I haven't found is instructions for what software is required and how to go about adding them. I have purchased a number of titles from other countries that look great but there are no English subs (ADVENTURES OF RABBI JACOB, JEAN DE FLORETTE & MANON DES SOURCE, etc.). Surely at least a few of your are adept at performing this operation - can you get me started? Many thanks, and Happy New Year!

#2 of 3 Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 886 posts

Posted January 03 2012 - 10:13 AM

Not sure about Blue Ray files,but I did do it a while back,and it worked for the film El Sur, ,I am sorry I can't remember the name of the program I used ,I got it off DVD-R help ,and it was a real pain to add all the parts to the downloaded program,then You still need stuff like codecs I was lost till I found a video showing me how on U-Tube try searching there first

#3 of 3 alexAN

alexAN

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted January 03 2012 - 01:49 PM

TSMuxer is the key for me. I do this operation quite ofte, adding spanish subs to Region-A, english-subs-only titles. Check for that little program. Manuals are not hard to find. In short: rip the movie to your hdd, load the playlist which contains the movie (in order to automatically keep the chapter points, and the whole movie when it's divided in several .m2ts) or only the movie, and add the subtitle track (size 65 and let a 70px margin, remember labeling the language). Choose "blu-ray disk" as profile and let it do the magic.