-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Question about Samsung wireless rear speakers, SWA 5000

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 keatonxj7

keatonxj7

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 01 2012 - 08:53 AM

I have the Samsung HT D5300 and wanna run my rear speakers wirelessly, since i don't like the wires running under the carpet and up the wall. I found the Samsung SWA-5000. Im wondering if its compatible? Anyone here have it? I found it online for $99 for the rear transmitter and receiver module kit. HTIB: http://www.crutchfie...tml#details-tab Wireless Receiver: http://www.abt.com/p...ampaign=froogle

#2 of 3 David Willow

David Willow

Screenwriter

• 1,986 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted January 01 2012 - 11:19 AM

Wireless speakers generally do not work well. Plus, you will still have wires - you have to plug them into an outlet. One thing to consider is your speaker placement. The surrounds should go on either side of the listener, not behind (no rear). Maybe placing them on the sides would make it easier for you to install.?.? Dolby Speaker Placement Guide

#3 of 3 Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,301 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 01 2012 - 11:56 AM

According to the specs on the Crutchfield page, your HTiB does have a TX card slot that will allow you to connect the SWA-500 to it.

Optional Wireless Receiver Module: To connect the system's surround speaker wirelessly, you can purchase the Samsung wireless receiver module and TX card (SWA-5000, sold separately).

Understand that the "wireless" rear speakers are never actually wireless. The receiver/amp needs a power connection, and you need to run wires from it to each surround speaker. All you're really saving is the wire run from the front of the room to the back. (And that's often an exaggerated concern. I have wood laminate flooring in my living room. I use a simple white plastic channel running along one wall from my home entertainment unit to behind my couch. The wires for my surround speakers, which are on low stands on the end table either side of my sofa, are easily hidden. The plastic channel is virtually invisible. appearing to be part of the molding.) Hope this helps, Joe