Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

1080P HD Projector and gaming input lag.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   mase

mase

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted December 31 2011 - 08:12 AM

hey Guys, i have a question..... i am about to make a bog purchase and get everything i need for the home theater media room.... i am looking on the epson 3010.... i do have one question. i have heard that there is an issue of "input lag" when gaming. i will use that projector for HD movies both 2D and 3D but i will also use it while playing my xBox. i was wondering, will i have input Lag (in general) when using a gaming console and a HD projector? or the "LAG" is primarily when gaming using a PC? any input?

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,199 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted December 31 2011 - 12:19 PM

My experience has been that lag most frequently occurs with LCD panels and can be ameliorated by the panel's gaming mode or calibration tools in the gaming software or console. YMMV.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users