Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for Speaker Advise - Def Tech 8060 or 8080?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   jason123

jason123

Agent

• 37 posts

Posted December 31 2011 - 07:22 AM

I am upgrading my home theater speakers and trying to decide between 2 different Def Tech Speaker sets. I purchased and setup the Def Tech BP-8060ST System and am pretty happy with them...but...with spending that much money I am trying to decide if I just spend the extra $1300 and get the BP-8080ST System. I am running a top of the line Onkyo receiver so powering the speakers is not an issue. Suggestions should I take back the 8060 while I still have time and order the 8080's or will I not notice a difference between the two? HELPP time is running out fast!

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   David Willow

David Willow

Babbling Idiot

• 2,229 posts
  • LocationMechanicsburg, PA

Posted January 01 2012 - 07:19 AM

That's hard to say if its worth it to you. You have to listen and decide. FWIW, a few years ago I was deciding between Axiom and B&W. The B&W was about $1000 more. In the end I did like the B&W a little better, but not $1000 better. :D

I’m training to run a marathon for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, to raise life-saving funds to help those fighting blood cancers. Please help! See details and donation link here.

Dolby and DTS Plaques (downloads)
Audyssey Setup Guide

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Spankydahamstr

Spankydahamstr

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted January 03 2012 - 09:39 AM

I have the 8040's and I use ProCenter 1000's as surrounds, and a ProCenter 2000 as my center. I am trying to build a custom sub to compliment the system and I having auditioned the 8080 and 8060 and 8020 really felt a big difference between the 8080 and the 8040 mostly in the low end cleanliness but the 8060 and 8040 were not as distinguishable thus I chose the much cheaper 8040's and the custom sub project. Just what I did, If I had the extra cash I would have chosen the 8080's and been done with it. I am feeling like I may need to replace my center I also run an Onkyo and with it's Audessy balancing act it feels very full for movies and I pretty much love this system. Good luck with your decision may it not keep you up at night! Daniel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users