What's new

Looking for Speaker Advise - Def Tech 8060 or 8080? (1 Viewer)

jason123

Agent
I am upgrading my home theater speakers and trying to decide between 2 different Def Tech Speaker sets. I purchased and setup the Def Tech BP-8060ST System and am pretty happy with them...but...with spending that much money I am trying to decide if I just spend the extra $1300 and get the BP-8080ST System. I am running a top of the line Onkyo receiver so powering the speakers is not an issue. Suggestions should I take back the 8060 while I still have time and order the 8080's or will I not notice a difference between the two? HELPP time is running out fast!

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That's hard to say if its worth it to you. You have to listen and decide. FWIW, a few years ago I was deciding between Axiom and B&W. The B&W was about $1000 more. In the end I did like the B&W a little better, but not $1000 better. :D

Spankydahamstr

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel
I have the 8040's and I use ProCenter 1000's as surrounds, and a ProCenter 2000 as my center. I am trying to build a custom sub to compliment the system and I having auditioned the 8080 and 8060 and 8020 really felt a big difference between the 8080 and the 8040 mostly in the low end cleanliness but the 8060 and 8040 were not as distinguishable thus I chose the much cheaper 8040's and the custom sub project. Just what I did, If I had the extra cash I would have chosen the 8080's and been done with it. I am feeling like I may need to replace my center I also run an Onkyo and with it's Audessy balancing act it feels very full for movies and I pretty much love this system. Good luck with your decision may it not keep you up at night! Daniel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks