What's new

Time to finish the home theater (1 Viewer)

ktm250rider

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron Plaza
Its time to start finishing our home theater. I built the house 5 years ago with the intention of a dedicated theater. Its currently got drywall and some lighting. The room is roughly 15 x 20 x 9. There is a 4 foot soffit in the front and 16 in around the other three walls. No windows. There will be an 8 inch riser for the back row and front stage. The entrance to the theater will have a small game room and all the equipment will be accessed from here. We have recieved the following for equipment recommendations: EPSON POWERLITE PRO CINEMA 9700 UB 1080P DA-LITE 37710JKP 110” CINEMA CONTOUR 16:9 NAD T 777 HOME THEATER RECEIVER NAD T 567 BLU-RAY DISC/DVD PLAYER FURMAN ELITE-15PFi POWER CONDITIONER UNIVERSAL REMOTE CONTROL MX-880 REMOTE UNIVERSAL REMOTE CONTROL MRF-350 RF BASE STATION UNIVERSAL REMOTE CONTROL MRFA-600M-URC-WH RF WALL DIMMER ATLANTIC TECHNOLOGY FS-3200LR-P-GLB LEFT/RIGHT ON-WALL SPEAKERS ATLANTIC TECHNOLOGY FS-3200C-GLB CENTER ON-WALL SPEAKER ATLANTIC TECHNOLOGY 2400SR-P-BLK DIPOLE/BIPOLE SURROUND SPEAKERS PARADIGM MONITOR SERIES SUB 10 POWERED SUBWOOFER IN BLACK The initial quote is close to our budget. Im thinking we could cut a couple of the new items and use our current gear for a short time such as our Denon 3803 reciever and Sony S350 DVD player.

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Im thinking we could cut a couple of the new items and use our current gear for a short time such as our Denon 3803 reciever and Sony S350 DVD player.
Not sure what your question is. Is the equipment you mention over your budget, or are you just looking to save a little money? It looks like your equipment list ls very high end, with even the best price on a few of the speakers being enough budget for most folks entire system. I did a little look-up online to see what you can get the equipment for: NAD T 567 BLU-RAY DISC/DVD PLAYER Cost: With a look-up - best price $445.00 dollars. ATLANTIC TECHNOLOGY FS-3200LR-P-GLB: Google search - priced from 602.68/pair to 1,000 per pair ATLANTIC TECHNOLOGY FS-3200C-GLB CENTER: 365:03 to 600.00 each ATLANTIC TECHNOLOGY 2400SR-P-BLK DIPOLE/BIPOLE SURROUND SPEAKERS: $528.06 to 750.00 per pair == I have heard nothing but good things about Altantic technology equipment, and if you want to go with this setup you will be happy with it - but I would make sure to shop around and get the best price. From what I found, you can save a lot of money if you shop around. With all of the $$$ spent on good speakers, it seems like you are going a little light on the sub department - with a 10" 100 watt model listed: PARADIGM MONITOR SERIES SUB 10 POWERED SUBWOOFER -- I would not recommend that you go cheap and small with your sub on such a high end system. Take some of your saved $$$ and invest it in a better sub with some of the money you saved by shopping around. The sub you mentioned is more designed to go with a smaller system to fill in for lack of bass. If you like the paradigm line of subs, then something from the reference line would be more in line to the rest of your system - something from the reference line - like the SUB 15 http://www.paradigm.com/products/products-by-category/subwoofer/paradigm-reference/studio-series/sub-15 If you are not set on paradigm, or the sub-15 is out of your budget, i would suggest the following: Dual 15" driver - epic empire - $799.00 http://www.epiksubwoofers.com/empire.html

ktm250rider

Auditioning
Real Name
Aaron Plaza
I really didn't have a specific question. Hoping for comments such as yours. I forgot to mention there are two subs. Ive heard a little about NAD, but had never heard of Atlantic Technology. I still have to go to the shop to listen to them. Im really looking to spread the cost a little. I could also save on the install and do it myself. One question I do have is what to do about one wall with in wall speakers on the adjacent room. The theater wall has drywall and insulation and you can still hear the speakers. first idea was to put up some strapping and another layer of drywall. Any other options?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks