-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

NIS Mac Edition?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Producer

• 5,070 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted December 27 2011 - 05:11 AM

I just noticed there is one? Anyone using it? Anyone think there's a need for it?
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#2 of 3 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted December 27 2011 - 05:42 AM

I wouldn't pay for the PC version, let alone a Mac version if it did exist

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#3 of 3 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Executive Producer

• 15,880 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted December 27 2011 - 08:37 AM

No and no. My answers haven't changed since the last time we had this conversation. For you. =p http://www.hometheat...90#post_3874012 There is absolutely nothing that a Mac Virus Scanner will catch that is worth worrying about. Are there zero day exploits that can harm your Mac? Absolutely. Will ANY of these virus scanners protect you? No they will not and if anyone can prove me wrong I'd love to see video evidence of it. not even their manufacturers can do so, so far. All you are doing by installing an OSX virus scanner is slowing your system down, introducing a new attack vector by screwing up a well tuned OS designed to protect from them, and giving money to companies for no reason. The best protection on OSX is to not install Flash and not install Silverlight. If you absolutely positively must have Flash on your Mac, install Chrome instead. The next best protection is to not pirate software of any kind and never install a bit-torrent client unless you understand the dangers. Use common sense, never give out your password, and if something asks for elevated privileges and you aren't sure, say no. Make an administrator account that is different from the one you use day to day, don't give your only account full privs.

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt