What's new

Connecting my HTIB Samsung HT-D4500 (1 Viewer)

odrainey

Auditioning
Real Name
dylan
New member here...I recently purchased a Sharp Aquos 60" LC60LE632U tv, and just got a Samsung HT-D4500 blue ray home theater system for Christmas. I am trying to connect both units along with my Dish Network HD satellite receiver together. I would like channel all sound through the Samsung if possible. It only has one HDMI output though. Currently I have a HDMI from the satellite box to the TV, RCA cables from the satellite to the Home Theater, and then another HDMI from the Samsung to the TV for blue ray viewing. The sound is not the same when watching the satellite programming. Should I connect a digital opitcal cable from the TV to the Samsung to push the sound to the receiver for better quality? Initally I assumed the digital opitcal cable should go from the satellite box to the reciever but nothing happened when I did that? Any help is greatly appreciated

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
Did you get the instruction manual with the system? From the manual, it says to connect an optical cable directly from the digital out on the satellite receiver to the Digital Audio In Optical connection on the back of the Samsung. Then you have to use the Function button (it looks like you have to use the one on the system itself, but you could try the button on the remote) to change the mode to D. In (Digital In) on the Samsung. Depending on the satellite receiver you have, you may have to enable the optical output on the setup. I am fairly sure ours are automatically enabled all the time, but it may differ by set. Did you change the mode when you originally tried connecting the optical cable from the satellite receiver?

odrainey

Auditioning
Real Name
dylan
yes I got a manual. I tried that connection and used the remote to the Samsung to change to function to D. in. I didnt try to change the function manually though. I will try that when I get home. No I didn't change the receiver settings, I looked on the menu but couldn't find anything that seemed to be it. I planned on trying to contact Dish Network and seeing if I just can't find it or if its not an option on that particular reciever. The Dish Network was installed back in April, so I'm still learing it as well

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
If the remote worked to change the input, then that should have worked. I would think either the output is not enabled, or the cable is bad. Do you have some other source to check the cable? Like an old DVD player or something? You could connect it and try playing a DVD and see if you get any audio that way. Then you would know if it's just not coming out of the satellite system. If it's a newer satellite receiver, I would think it should work. Ours is a newer HD DVR from Dish Net. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the Samsung has any other type of digital in, or an HDMI in.

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
All the audio (and video) outputs of Dish receivers are active at all times. So you just need to change the input on your Samsung to the digital input. I know because I've had Dish HD receivers for years and have a very esoteric set up to distribute and need multiple outputs at once.

Philbo86

Auditioning
Real Name
PCD
We also purchased a 60" Sharp Aquos (LC-60E79U) and a Samsung HT-D4500. After trying every possibility that we could think of, we still could not figure out how to get our cable sound to come through the surround sound speakers. I finally grew tired enough to call Samsung customer service; thankfully, they were actually able to help us. This is how our system is configured: HDMI out from cable in to TV HDMI out from Blu-ray player in to TV Digital audio (optical) cable out from TV in to Blu-ray player Make sure to have the D. IN selected on the Blu-ray player. You can select this option by pressing the BD button in the top left corner of the Samsung remote and then pressing the Function/TV source button (top right corner of the Samsung remote) until the D. IN appears on the Blu-ray player. And, the kicker...how we got surround sound through all of the speakers. At the bottom of the Samsung remote there is a PLII button (very bottom, second from the left). Press that button until Matrix appears on the Blu-ray player. After configuring it this way, we now have surround sound coming through all of the speakers when we watch TV. We have a Comcast cable box, but hopefully this might work for you if you've already tried everything else to no avail. Good luck!

mattwilkes

Auditioning
Real Name
matt wilkes
I brought the Samsung ht d 4500 a few weeks ago now and for some reason on my TV the audio is delayed when watching TV and playing on my Xbox 360. No matter what I try for some reason I cant sort it out, iv even brought a new hdmi cable and even that wont work. If anyone has any ideas what i can do it would me much appreciated if you could let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks