Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 12-27-2011

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 of 21 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 32,456 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 24 2011 - 04:00 PM

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#2 of 21 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 32,456 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 24 2011 - 04:00 PM

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Posted Image

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#3 of 21 OFFLINE   Bill Thomann

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor

• 581 posts

Posted December 24 2011 - 04:11 PM

Merry Christmas Mike. Nothing for me & nothing in the foreseeable future now that all of the Summer blockbusters have been released. And my home theater purchases from just before BF just turned into $65 in Reward Zone certificates burning a hole in my pocket with nothing to buy.

#4 of 21 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 32,456 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 24 2011 - 04:54 PM

I'm definitely going to take advantage of the $14.99 Rise of the Planet of the Apes at BB this week...and Parenthood: S2 for $9.99 @ Target (Boy, am I glad I decided to wait on that title..currently $27.49 on amazon).

#5 of 21 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,110 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted December 24 2011 - 05:47 PM

Thanks so much Mike! Merry Christmas to all.... I highly recommend Scott Pilgrim and The Town for $9.99 at Best Buy for anyone who hasn't seen them.

#6 of 21 ONLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 26,027 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted December 24 2011 - 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich 

Thanks so much Mike! Merry Christmas to all.... I highly recommend Scott Pilgrim and The Town for $9.99 at Best Buy for anyone who hasn't seen them.

I viewed Scott Pilgrim in the movie theater, but it isn't a film made for my demographic.  I'll be picking up Panda 2 though.

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Listing

#7 of 21 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,887 posts

Posted December 24 2011 - 07:23 PM

Joy to the world!  And Merry Christmas, Mike and all! As anticipated, plan to pick up Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Kung Fu Panda 2 on BD at BB this week -- too bad the $5 MFR coupon for KFP2 expires today, which is kinda weird for MFR coupon expiration date and effectively means it can't be used for this sale. Peace be w/ y'all... _Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (Apostle Paul)

#8 of 21 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,404 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 25 2011 - 12:40 AM

Since it's on sale, I'll pick up The Office: Season Seven DVD. Thanks for the prices! :)

#9 of 21 OFFLINE   Ashly Yeo

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator

• 55 posts

Posted December 25 2011 - 01:35 AM

Merry Christmas Mike! And thank you for this week's roundup. Definitely picking up Rise of the Planet of the Apes and Kung Fu Panda 2. Probably will pick Final Destination 5 3D at the end of the week, waiting on a possible review :)

#10 of 21 OFFLINE   Frank Ha

Frank Ha

Second Unit

• 355 posts
  • LocationLand of mole, tlayudas and chapulines

Posted December 25 2011 - 04:06 AM

Merry Christmas to you Mike and to everyone else as well. I'll get my son to pickup Planet of the Apes and KFP2 from Best Buy later this week. He is visiting us in Honduras right now. :), but will be going back to the States on Tuesday :(. Anyway, thanks Mike for all the hard work on the RoundUp you do, and particularly for putting in all the effort on this very special day.
"And in the end, the only thing you really own is... your story.  Just trying to live a good one" - The Drover 

#11 of 21 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 5,022 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted December 25 2011 - 12:24 PM

Merry Christmas one and all.  (Thought it doesn't really feel like Christmas out here without any snow...but I'm not complaining!) Just Rise of the Planet of the Apes this week whenever I may it to a Best Buy other than the closest to me.

#12 of 21 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,632 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted December 25 2011 - 02:22 PM

Wonderful deal on Kung Fu Panda 2 at Best Buy this week. Unfortunately, it's only the 2D version that's on sale. The 3D is still exorbitantly priced (or it was when last I checked).

Thanks for the RoundUp as always, Mike.

#13 of 21 ONLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 2,257 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted December 26 2011 - 04:22 AM

It looks like Amazon matched Best Buy on Rise of the Planet of the Apes, but not KFP2. Luckily I got the latter from BB with the 2 coupons and I need to go back to the store to get a Price Correction on the former that I bought at 22.99. $8 back plus $15 in Reward Zone coupons to spend -- I may finally pick up The Pacific if I can find it in store.

#14 of 21 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 32,456 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 26 2011 - 12:07 PM

I picked up RotPotA at BB today for $14.99..and in doing so saw that the BB Exclusive of Citizen Kane (2-discer with Digibook) was on sale for $10.99!  I snatched one up...even though I wasn't planning on upgrading my Citizen Kane from the DVD. For those with an FYE nearby, they have all their Christmas DVDs, Blu-rays and CDs for sale @ 50% off through 1-1-12.

#15 of 21 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Executive Producer

• 10,058 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted December 27 2011 - 07:52 AM

I viewed Scott Pilgrim in the movie theater, but it isn't a film made for my demographic.  I'll be picking up Panda 2 though.

Scott Pilgrim is decent. But if I were 20 years younger, it would be AWESOME.
"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#16 of 21 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,632 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted December 27 2011 - 02:30 PM

The review for In the Name of the King 2 can be found here..

#17 of 21 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,901 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted December 27 2011 - 02:59 PM

It looks like Amazon matched Best Buy on Rise of the Planet of the Apes, but not KFP2. Luckily I got the latter from BB with the 2 coupons and I need to go back to the store to get a Price Correction on the former that I bought at 22.99. $8 back plus $15 in Reward Zone coupons to spend -- I may finally pick up The Pacific if I can find it in store.

KFP2 is now marked down to $14.99 at Amazon.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#18 of 21 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 32,456 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 27 2011 - 03:08 PM

[quote]Originally Posted by MattH. [url=/t/317192/weekly-roundup-12-27-2011#post_3882501]

#19 of 21 OFFLINE   Jay*W

Jay*W

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted December 28 2011 - 05:56 AM

Thanks as always, Mike, especially on this holiday week! Picked up The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret at Target for $14.99 in store.

#20 of 21 ONLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 32,456 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted December 28 2011 - 01:24 PM

Stopped at a local Target today to pick up Parenthood: Season 2. This store was a disaster.  It must not have recovered from the shopping craziness...but hardly a thing was properly marked.  In fact, Parenthood: S2 was marked at $39.99 instead of the $9.99.  But, it rang up just fine. Fast Five on blu was marked down to $14.99.  Almost bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users