Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie: Ideas for Media Room

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   gmoney7479

gmoney7479

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted December 22 2011 - 03:51 AM

I've been reading responsse to questions on the forum. I am in the process of building out Sports theme media room. Currently, the room has light shade of vanilla walls, just not white. I was planning on painting this room a dark blue including the ceiling. I purchased the EPSON 8350 projector. I do not have a screen yet, but is the paint color choice going to pose a problem when projecting against the wall for the time being? Do you have any recommendations on screens? I do not want to break the bank for one either but something decent but not dirt cheap Audio- I have a Pioneer VSX-821 receiver. Speakers - Polk audio towers and polk In wall Rear Speakers Sub - none yet, was going to get Polk but read on this site to avoid Polk Audio Subs. Let me know your thoughts on this. I appreciate any advice you may be able to provide

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,160 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted December 22 2011 - 06:34 AM

I like my DIY screen. Cost me about $75 but you could probably build it now for under $100. There are a lot of kits for around $200 to $300 available all over the internet. Name brand screens will cost upwards of $1,000. I don't know what breaks your bank but I'm one cheap SOB.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   gmoney7479

gmoney7479

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted December 23 2011 - 01:01 AM

Is painting the walls fine? I am painting walls today. I just want to be sure that it should not be a problem.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   gmoney7479

gmoney7479

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted December 23 2011 - 11:26 AM

So I painted the room and left a box in front of the room for the screen. I am hoping to do a 92" screen. My friend was suggesting going out and buying Vinyl material and building frame around. What are your thoughts on this? I can upload images of the room if you prefer.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   phaeren86

phaeren86

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted January 06 2012 - 02:51 AM

currently I display my projector on my wall. it's white so i'm not really sure about the color of the wall having an effect on the projected image (although i suspect that it most definetly would). I like that you thought to leave an unpainted space to project the image, i don't think i would have thought of that. I do own a screen, but in my apartment I don't really have a use for it. i would have to agree with your friend, buying vinyl and essentially making your own screen sounds like a good idea. The main thing would be to find vinyl in the dimensions you need for your screen and to determine how cost effect that might be. just in a few minutes trying to research this with google, all i could find for vinyl in the dimension you would need were manufactured projection screens, so i guess it also has to do with how much time you have to do the research and how soon you would need the screen.