Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Please Help with In-Wall Speaker Placement

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 ElliotInLA

ElliotInLA

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted December 21 2011 - 11:22 AM

Hi, I bought five Pinnacle K80 8-inch in-wall speakers, and would like some help in placement of the right and left surround speakers. I am going to put the front three speakers on the same wall as the TV, but I cannot place the right and left surround speakers on the side walls, as is recommended, since the left side opens into a kitchen and dining room area, and the wall is too far. I am including the image below with the layout and exact measurement of the room and where I will be seated. So the only options are to place these speakers on the back wall or into the ceiling above the sofa. I am leaning towards the rear walls, but I would like to hear from someone who knows more about this than me. Also, I would appreciate advice on the exact placement of the front speakers too, since I am providing exact measurements. I primarily use the system to watch movies on blu-ray, and occasional music. -Elliot http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

#2 of 5 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,052 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted December 21 2011 - 11:53 AM

You are new and don't know that we rarely recommend in-wall speakers. But you have them now and need to use them. On the front walls, do your best to make everything even. Center channel under the TV and L/R evenly spaced away from the TV. Without knowing where the studs are, you have to take a chance that they may not end up evenly spaced. Another knock against in-walls. If it were me, I'd go in-ceiling making sure they were outside and behind the couch. I think on the rear walls they may be too far away. On the other hand with automatic calibration that really shouldn't matter. Install them where ever it is easier.

#3 of 5 ElliotInLA

ElliotInLA

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted December 22 2011 - 03:19 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, Robert. I know that in-wall speakers don't sound as good, but I am willing to sacrifice some quality over a cleaner look.

#4 of 5 Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,052 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted December 22 2011 - 03:35 AM

Everyone has their goals. Have you looked at the Dolby Labs site and the speaker configurations? If you go with in-ceiling try to put them in the proper location even through they aren't on the floor.

#5 of 5 ElliotInLA

ElliotInLA

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted December 22 2011 - 04:28 AM

I checked it out. Thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users