Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Please Help with In-Wall Speaker Placement

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   ElliotInLA

ElliotInLA

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted December 21 2011 - 11:22 AM

Hi, I bought five Pinnacle K80 8-inch in-wall speakers, and would like some help in placement of the right and left surround speakers. I am going to put the front three speakers on the same wall as the TV, but I cannot place the right and left surround speakers on the side walls, as is recommended, since the left side opens into a kitchen and dining room area, and the wall is too far. I am including the image below with the layout and exact measurement of the room and where I will be seated. So the only options are to place these speakers on the back wall or into the ceiling above the sofa. I am leaning towards the rear walls, but I would like to hear from someone who knows more about this than me. Also, I would appreciate advice on the exact placement of the front speakers too, since I am providing exact measurements. I primarily use the system to watch movies on blu-ray, and occasional music. -Elliot Posted Image

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,214 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted December 21 2011 - 11:53 AM

You are new and don't know that we rarely recommend in-wall speakers. But you have them now and need to use them. On the front walls, do your best to make everything even. Center channel under the TV and L/R evenly spaced away from the TV. Without knowing where the studs are, you have to take a chance that they may not end up evenly spaced. Another knock against in-walls. If it were me, I'd go in-ceiling making sure they were outside and behind the couch. I think on the rear walls they may be too far away. On the other hand with automatic calibration that really shouldn't matter. Install them where ever it is easier.

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   ElliotInLA

ElliotInLA

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted December 22 2011 - 03:19 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, Robert. I know that in-wall speakers don't sound as good, but I am willing to sacrifice some quality over a cleaner look.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Robert_J

Robert_J

Lead Actor

• 8,214 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted December 22 2011 - 03:35 AM

Everyone has their goals. Have you looked at the Dolby Labs site and the speaker configurations? If you go with in-ceiling try to put them in the proper location even through they aren't on the floor.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   ElliotInLA

ElliotInLA

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted December 22 2011 - 04:28 AM

I checked it out. Thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users