Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Science fiction film restored.

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,019 posts

Posted December 20 2011 - 05:12 AM

This may have been posted elsewhere on the Board. I haven't seen it in any other thread. If this is old news, it can just be deleted by a moderator if they so choose. ******************************** 20 December 2011 It was the first blockbuster in the history of cinema. Now the 1902 silent movie A Trip to the Moon by the French film-maker Georges Melies has been restored in one of the most complex and ambitious movie projects ever. The film also has been given an original new soundtrack by the French electronica band Air. http://www.bbc.co.uk...t-arts-16262815
ockeghem2.jpg

#2 of 3 Paul D G

Paul D G

Screenwriter

• 1,591 posts

Posted December 20 2011 - 07:30 PM

Thanks. Interesting timing considering how involved the film was in the plot of 'Hugo.' I'm looking forward to seeing this again.

(i had no idea the film was colorized until i saw 'hugo')

#3 of 3 Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,019 posts

Posted December 21 2011 - 02:09 AM

Paul, You're welcome. I am looking forward to this, and will probably purchase it as I love the genre quite a lot and because of its historical importance.
ockeghem2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users