-

Photo
- - - - -

TvDevo and roku

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 sugarcrane2

sugarcrane2

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 14 2011 - 03:27 AM

So we watch netflicks and hulu and attach our computer to our tv right now with a HDMI cable. If we want a different show we have to get up. Lame and lazy I know but we want to be able to use a remote control. Is Roku the best for this? We don't do any web browsing or games just tv and movies. Also while researching I found TvDevo but some say it's a scram others say they love it. Does anyone know which it really is? Can we really watch the Disney, sports, HBO and TLC type channels on it? Thanks

#2 of 3 Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,163 posts

Posted December 14 2011 - 08:49 PM

I have two older Rokus and thought the user experience was good. The only complaint was the response was a little slow, but not horrible. I'll add that the onlt thing I have to compare the Roku with are the computer and a couple of media streams that also offered Netflix (Seagate Hometheater+ and WD TV Live). The main plus for for Roku in the comparison was it's search capability.

#3 of 3 androiduser

androiduser

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 21 2012 - 04:35 PM

there is an app for the android smartphone called "air HID" that turns your android device into a wireless keyboard/mouse its free on the android market and can be used like a remote control when streaming on the tv jusy keep your phone close and your good to go:D