What's new

Need your help with acoustic panel placement on a finished theater room (1 Viewer)

Dave Zee

Auditioning
Real Name
David Zamora
All, I just finished out my humble sized theater room and the last item on my list are the the acoustic panels. I have ordered 6x 2" acoustic panels from ATS Acoustics, and they will be arriving in a couple weeks. Based on my room configuration, I am not sure what the best placement of the panels are. I ordered the following sizes: 4x - 12" x 48" 2x - 24" x 48" I have the following 2 configurations in mind, but am not sure which one to go with. Also, I am open to any additional placement ideas, should it improve the SQ. With that said, I have all of the speakers placed a ear level when sitting, and the ceilings are 8', with a 9' tray ceiling. Seating will be placed towards the rear and center. Here is a shot of my actual room Configuration ideas - The acoustic panels in the rendering are RED Thanks for reading and looking forward to your help! -dave

Dave Zee

Auditioning
Real Name
David Zamora
mccambley said:
My opinion is that the B layout is better than A. One placement trick I heard was to sit in your seat and have someone else run a mirror down the wall and when you see the speaker in the mirror that is the location for the panel. Some diffuser on the back wall will help. Let me start by saying that your room looks great but if you don't mind a little criticism I think your front L&R speakers should be on stands 2 feet out from both the front and side walls and the screen a little lower.
Ahh, yes. I was also thinking that config b would be the optimal choice. I think the mirror trick is an excellent idea, as well! Also, thanks for the suggestion on the front L/R speaker placement! I'll give it a shot. Currently, the sound up front sounds a bit like a giant center channel, so I think the new placement will make a great change. Will update once I get the panels in! -dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks