What's new

CHIP'S Season 3 (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am guessing that CHiPs is now stalled. I have S1/S2 on dvd, but was not a huge fan of the show. I like the rookies or SWAT or Streets of San Francisco or Police Story better as they had more a dramatic spin on their episodes. CHiPs was more police comedy with some drama sprinkled into the series. I did like the gal that played Sindi along with Randi Oakes's character, however, i was not fan of Erik Estrada. I never thought Erik Estrada was much of an actor. Can anyone name an actor from CHiPs that actually went on to do something in movies and/or other tv series? Well, i cant!

Duane Alford

Second Unit
It's been 3 1/2 years since Season 2 was released. Sounds to me like it's been abandoned. When you consider it was asked about and someone from Warner Bros. said the sales weren't there and there won't be anymore releases, well it sounds abandoned to me. As for anyone from CHiPs that went on to do other things, here you go:
Robert Pine
Paul Linke
Lou Wagner
Michael Dorn
Bruce Jenner
Clarence Gilyard Jr.
With the exception of Bruce Jenner, who probably is most famous now for being the step dad to those annoying Kardashian sisters, the rest have all had lengthy careers.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Duane Alford said:
It's been 3 1/2 years since Season 2 was released. Sounds to me like it's been abandoned. When you consider it was asked about and someone from Warner Bros. said the sales weren't there and there won't be anymore releases, well it sounds abandoned to me. As for anyone from CHiPs that went on to do other things, here you go:
Robert Pine
Paul Linke
Lou Wagner
Michael Dorn
Bruce Jenner
Clarence Gilyard Jr.
With the exception of Bruce Jenner, who probably is most famous now for being the step dad to those annoying Kardashian sisters, the rest have all had lengthy careers.
Thanks Duane!
I was thinking of the main cast and not seeing actors like Estrada or Wilcox in many movies or tv series after CHiPs ended. I remember there was CHiPs 1999 that reunited the cast with Sargeant Getrae. I thought Brianne Leary (Sindy Cahil) moved to weather/news on tv.
I like this show as it had some amazing guest stars along wiht interesting story lines. There was an episode i remember with Officer Delaney (Jake and the Fatman/Riptide actor - joe Penny). I also like the episode with puff and stuff when ponch and baker pull him over.
I would still purchased if the remaining series was released on dvd.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking that the Warner Brothers MOD outlet would be perfect for this show, but I guess not.
Oddly enough I remember hearing(on this very forum) that the first season sold really well, and the second one was not far off. So it is certainly a mystery why this show is stalled.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Well, at least there's this:
http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/CHiPs-CHiPs-99/17675
I can tell you I was an extra in this movie! I can also tell you that both leads were wearing...corsets!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks