Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

3D setup - Compatability issue or a setting adjustment?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 4000dvds2many

4000dvds2many

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted December 07 2011 - 09:29 AM

I have a Mitsubishi WD-65835 DLP television, with which I have to use the 3DC-1000 3D adapter. I also have a Yamaha RX-V663 receiver which is not capable of converting 3D signals. Up until now, I have had my PS3 operating as a 3D player and it worked just fine. I had the HDMI running to the 3D adapter and an optical running to the receiver. Now, I just purchased a Sony BDP-S780 Blu-ray player so that I could upconvert my regular movies into simulated 3D. That works fine. Where I'm having trouble now, is that for some reason when I put a 3D Blu-Ray into the new player, I get an error that says it does not detect a 3D set-up and can not play the disc. I don't get it. It's Sony. The setup is exactly the same. Why doesn't it recognize the signal? Is there anything I can do aside from getting an HDMI switcher and plugging in both the PS3 and the new player simultaneously? HELP!

#2 of 4 Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.

• 6,316 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted December 08 2011 - 12:51 PM

You should be able to force 3d ?

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#3 of 4 4000dvds2many

4000dvds2many

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted December 10 2011 - 01:47 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by that... force it how?

#4 of 4 TheBat

TheBat

Producer

• 3,006 posts

Posted December 10 2011 - 02:04 AM

I have a Mitsubishi WD-65835 DLP television, with which I have to use the 3DC-1000 3D adapter. I also have a Yamaha RX-V663 receiver which is not capable of converting 3D signals. Up until now, I have had my PS3 operating as a 3D player and it worked just fine. I had the HDMI running to the 3D adapter and an optical running to the receiver. Now, I just purchased a Sony BDP-S780 Blu-ray player so that I could upconvert my regular movies into simulated 3D. That works fine. Where I'm having trouble now, is that for some reason when I put a 3D Blu-Ray into the new player, I get an error that says it does not detect a 3D set-up and can not play the disc. I don't get it. It's Sony. The setup is exactly the same. Why doesn't it recognize the signal? Is there anything I can do aside from getting an HDMI switcher and plugging in both the PS3 and the new player simultaneously? HELP!

I dont remember what its called. there is a setting that a blu ray player needs. I dont know if the sony can do it, I do know that the panasonic players can do it. I think its called checkerboard. http://forum.blu-ray...put-my-dlp.html Jacob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users