Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

3D setup - Compatability issue or a setting adjustment?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   4000dvds2many

4000dvds2many

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted December 07 2011 - 09:29 AM

I have a Mitsubishi WD-65835 DLP television, with which I have to use the 3DC-1000 3D adapter. I also have a Yamaha RX-V663 receiver which is not capable of converting 3D signals. Up until now, I have had my PS3 operating as a 3D player and it worked just fine. I had the HDMI running to the 3D adapter and an optical running to the receiver. Now, I just purchased a Sony BDP-S780 Blu-ray player so that I could upconvert my regular movies into simulated 3D. That works fine. Where I'm having trouble now, is that for some reason when I put a 3D Blu-Ray into the new player, I get an error that says it does not detect a 3D set-up and can not play the disc. I don't get it. It's Sony. The setup is exactly the same. Why doesn't it recognize the signal? Is there anything I can do aside from getting an HDMI switcher and plugging in both the PS3 and the new player simultaneously? HELP!

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.

• 6,369 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted December 08 2011 - 12:51 PM

You should be able to force 3d ?

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   4000dvds2many

4000dvds2many

Auditioning

• 5 posts

Posted December 10 2011 - 01:47 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by that... force it how?

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   TheBat

TheBat

Producer

• 3,070 posts

Posted December 10 2011 - 02:04 AM

I have a Mitsubishi WD-65835 DLP television, with which I have to use the 3DC-1000 3D adapter. I also have a Yamaha RX-V663 receiver which is not capable of converting 3D signals. Up until now, I have had my PS3 operating as a 3D player and it worked just fine. I had the HDMI running to the 3D adapter and an optical running to the receiver. Now, I just purchased a Sony BDP-S780 Blu-ray player so that I could upconvert my regular movies into simulated 3D. That works fine. Where I'm having trouble now, is that for some reason when I put a 3D Blu-Ray into the new player, I get an error that says it does not detect a 3D set-up and can not play the disc. I don't get it. It's Sony. The setup is exactly the same. Why doesn't it recognize the signal? Is there anything I can do aside from getting an HDMI switcher and plugging in both the PS3 and the new player simultaneously? HELP!

I dont remember what its called. there is a setting that a blu ray player needs. I dont know if the sony can do it, I do know that the panasonic players can do it. I think its called checkerboard. http://forum.blu-ray...put-my-dlp.html Jacob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users