-

Photo
- - - - -

Digital Co-Axial to Optical Converter - Can't Get Surround Sound to work with Blu Ray

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   commutergirl

commutergirl

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 05 2011 - 11:56 PM

Hi Folks I hope someone can help me. We have a Panasonic home theatre system (older version - don't have model number sorry) which has a Optical input for the audio. We have just purchased an LG Blu Ray player (BD550) which has a digital co-axial output (if only we'd thought to check this first!). I researched this and bought a digitial co-axial to optical converter which we have duly connected. However, we still cannot get the surround sound working properly - the back audio is not being recognised at all. We have tested the system itself through the home theatre system to ensure the speakers etc are working, and have tried changing as many settings as we can find but to no avail. I assume the cables and converters are all working okay because we are receiving sound through the front speakers. Can any one point me in the right direction for this or am I forced to buy a new blu ray player with an optical output? Any advice or help would be most appreciated. Vicky