Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

optical digital audio out to 3.5mm stereo plug in ... is here such a thingy?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Takosan

Takosan

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted December 05 2011 - 02:57 PM

Greetings! I need advice/tips on how to connect a wireless headphone so it can be simultaneously heard thru headphone & TV's speakers. First here are the components: 1. Samsung Plasma 450 Series (720p); 2. Samsung BD-D5700 Blu-ray Player; 3. Sennheiser RS170 wireless headphones; 4. Time Warner Cable from wall (without cable box). Connections: A. Plasma display & Blu-ray player connected via HDMI; B. Cable connected to Plasma; C. Wireless headphones connected to Blu-ray player via RCA out. Problem: the connection "C" above. I had to do this temporarily because Plasma display had only an "optical digital audio" output and I didn't know how to connect that to the wireless headphone's 3.5mm stereo plug. At least when the source is coming from the Blu-ray player (Blu-ray, DVD, CD, or Internet) it does what we wanted. So I was wondering if there is such a thing, without paying arm-and-a-leg, that converts optical digital audio signal to analog & can connect to a 3.5mm stereo plug on the base of the wireless headphones? Any other way? Thank you! Robert

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Takosan

Takosan

Stunt Coordinator

• 69 posts

Posted December 06 2011 - 06:00 AM

Found a solution & it's relatively cheap too: http://www.amazon.co...p_ob_e_title_0. The reviews are good too on there for this digital optical to RCA converter so crossing my fingers :) Thank you. Robert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users