Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

optical digital audio out to 3.5mm stereo plug in ... is here such a thingy?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Takosan

Takosan

Stunt Coordinator

• 67 posts

Posted December 05 2011 - 02:57 PM

Greetings! I need advice/tips on how to connect a wireless headphone so it can be simultaneously heard thru headphone & TV's speakers. First here are the components: 1. Samsung Plasma 450 Series (720p); 2. Samsung BD-D5700 Blu-ray Player; 3. Sennheiser RS170 wireless headphones; 4. Time Warner Cable from wall (without cable box). Connections: A. Plasma display & Blu-ray player connected via HDMI; B. Cable connected to Plasma; C. Wireless headphones connected to Blu-ray player via RCA out. Problem: the connection "C" above. I had to do this temporarily because Plasma display had only an "optical digital audio" output and I didn't know how to connect that to the wireless headphone's 3.5mm stereo plug. At least when the source is coming from the Blu-ray player (Blu-ray, DVD, CD, or Internet) it does what we wanted. So I was wondering if there is such a thing, without paying arm-and-a-leg, that converts optical digital audio signal to analog & can connect to a 3.5mm stereo plug on the base of the wireless headphones? Any other way? Thank you! Robert

#2 of 2 Takosan

Takosan

Stunt Coordinator

• 67 posts

Posted December 06 2011 - 06:00 AM

Found a solution & it's relatively cheap too: http://www.amazon.co...p_ob_e_title_0. The reviews are good too on there for this digital optical to RCA converter so crossing my fingers :) Thank you. Robert

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users