Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Bag of Bones (Mini-series)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,172 posts

Posted December 05 2011 - 09:16 AM

Have done a HTF search in the TV Programming folder, and couldn't find an existing thread for the TV mini-series Bag of Bones. Is this still starting this month on A&E? It's IMDb release dates page says 11th December, 2011. A Digital Spy news article from October said filming was still in production, and was expected to begin airing on A&E "later this year".

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,662 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted December 05 2011 - 09:23 AM

Next Sunday and Monday.  I liked the book and look forward to watching it "live".

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,172 posts

Posted December 15 2011 - 08:30 AM

Watching it "live"? Anyway, what did people here think of Bag of Bones?

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,277 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted December 15 2011 - 09:43 AM

He means non-DVR... I have it on the DVR, will probably watch this weekend or over the Christmas break.   Been a very busy time viewing this last week; so I haven't had a chance to slip it in.   But my wife says it was surprisingly good
trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   WaveCrest

WaveCrest

Producer

• 4,172 posts

Posted December 16 2011 - 08:20 AM

Thanks for clearing that up. Don't watch many programmes "live". Thankfully, now that some of the US shows have taken a break or have finished/are finishing, there won't be much to catch up on between now and Christmas.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,662 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted December 16 2011 - 08:43 AM

Believe me, the "live" experience was painful in the extreme:  25 minutes of movie, then another hour and a half of five minutes on, five minutes LOUD COMMERCIALS -- and many of the same ones over and over.  How can people stand "watching TV" any more?  Holy mother of god. But I digress.  As with other King adaptations, I thought the casting and the telling of the first half were great.  The second half laid it to waste with much short-cutting and alteration of the novel which I remember very much enjoying.  Stephen-King-TV-Movie-Syndrome strikes again  Maybe this one needed more time allotted to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users