What's new

Bag of Bones (Mini-series) (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Have done a HTF search in the TV Programming folder, and couldn't find an existing thread for the TV mini-series Bag of Bones.

Is this still starting this month on A&E? It's IMDb release dates page says 11th December, 2011. A Digital Spy news article from October said filming was still in production, and was expected to begin airing on A&E "later this year".

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Next Sunday and Monday. I liked the book and look forward to watching it "live".

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Watching it "live"?

Anyway, what did people here think of Bag of Bones?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
He means non-DVR... I have it on the DVR, will probably watch this weekend or over the Christmas break. Been a very busy time viewing this last week; so I haven't had a chance to slip it in. But my wife says it was surprisingly good

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Thanks for clearing that up. Don't watch many programmes "live". Thankfully, now that some of the US shows have taken a break or have finished/are finishing, there won't be much to catch up on between now and Christmas.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Believe me, the "live" experience was painful in the extreme: 25 minutes of movie, then another hour and a half of five minutes on, five minutes LOUD COMMERCIALS -- and many of the same ones over and over. How can people stand "watching TV" any more? Holy mother of god.

But I digress. As with other King adaptations, I thought the casting and the telling of the first half were great. The second half laid it to waste with much short-cutting and alteration of the novel which I remember very much enjoying. Stephen-King-TV-Movie-Syndrome strikes again Maybe this one needed more time allotted to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks